The Columbus Crew

dcducks1

Oh dear lord, bpaitsel, I am laughing.  There was a good bit of my first experience included in that timeline. :D  My first week... oh... LOL.

I needed that laugh today - apart from what I ate (it was intentional, just earlier than originally planned) making me feel not so good, I had a very un-fun day yesterday followed by an aggravating day today dealing with issues I have no control over (which I hate) and fighting the emotional bear.  I am mostly back together now, going to "hibernate" for the evening, sans hibernation food and pick it up again tomorrow.  My new hibernation buddy is my kindle with earbuds.  For tonight's selection, I believe I will slide off into slumberland to the soothing sounds of "Thunderstorm at the Beach"

MissLindy are you still following the AI?

Hi

I am still doing AI but am not following it strictly so needless to say am not happy with myself. I have been off plan for a few days in fact found myself saying: okay so today wasn't great, new day tomorrow, then half-way through tomorrow, well so eat properly at the next meal,  OMG how could I go from so strong to so weak. The trick is to not let one thing sneak through! Oh well now I am perfectly in line for two days on the trot. I am not going to be too pedantic about the next week and as the 31st is my birthday I fully intend to have a bottle of Guinness so I will be full AI January 1 and joining you all on the new thread. xxL 

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG how could I go from so strong to so weak. The trick is to not let one thing sneak through! 

misslindy, this is what I'm finding to be true too--one little thing is enough to derail me in a BIG way. I have gone from so strong to so weak right with you. NOT enjoying it at all.

Well, looks like we're going to be busy propping each other up at the beginning of the new year. :)  I think for myself, the holiday season is the hardest to get through because of so many years of family gatherings which all revolve around food.  Even now, I am baking like a madwoman to carry the traditional favorites with when we go visiting.  Hang tough ladies, try to keep damage to a minimum and I'll see you on the other side. :D

So, everyone, it seems like time for us to get our structure in place for the January Whole 30. Someone suggests TTT as a thread (for tiger tots two). I,m down with that and with keeping as much of our group from the Crew and from Tiger Tots together. I know some of us aren't going to start right on Jan 1st, while others are...no big problem either way...but we should have a plan....beyond all the work each of us is doing. Anyone want to start our new thread?

As Cottage Queen points out, there is also a great thread on a January Whole 9 challenge, which starts with a whole 30 nutrition and then goes on to other challenges, one each month.

Could do both, as they offer different types of support....but I must say, I am so happy so many of us are still together! I welcome new folks, but also like that there is some history among some of us.

Chins up...we will slay that dragon for good in 2016!!!

Merg

Just putting my head round the door to say thank you all for this thread. I've been pottering through it, soaking up all the support and inspiration!

This is my 2nd Whole30: I started on the 23rd, so today is Day 7 for me. Today's challenge has been successfully resisting the lure of the tub of Haagen Dazs Belgian Chocolate sitting in the freezer. I know this is contrary to recommended practice, but I put it there deliberately, so I don't feel deprived, but can rather choose not to have it :)

I'm in.  TTT or The Renewed Crew - I think that was suggested here earlier - sounds good to me.    Might follow Whole 9 Challenge some too.  Saorsa, I prefer to think that I am choosing not to eat certain foods too.  Other people think we are depriving ourselves but that is not the case at all.  I'm excited because I have a friend at work that is going to do her first W30 now too.  Time to do some planning and get geared up.

Ok, I'm all about doing exactly what I want to do (which has gotten me into trouble more times that I can count!!)...but I don't usually take charge in a group situation. I'm doing it today though. I'm going to start a thread on the Join the Whole30 page because I want to get started. Look for us at "TTT and Renewed Crew January Journey."

Archived