9 month old diarrhea poop

I am on day 6 of w30 and I am still almost exclusively breastfeeding my 9 month old. This past week, he has increased in pooping dramatically. Sometimes the poop is diarrhea like... Watery, green. I wanted to know if something is wrong with him? Tuesday he pooped 5 times. He usually only poops like once every other day. And I dunno if this is connected, but he has had a low fever for the past few days and screamed for hours last night. I am just wondering if this change was really too sudden for him?

• Administrators

Please see a doctor. No one here is a medical professional that will tell you if your child is well or not. There is nothing about eating meat, vegetables and good fats that is going to cause a fever.

The fact that he has a fever suggests that his symptoms are absolutely nothing to do with what you're eating. As ladyshanny quite rightly says eating this food (or indeed any food) cannot cause a fever in a nursling. Sounds like he has a bug and if you are worried about him get him seen.

The change of color in his poop could be caused by the diet change.  My daughters poops range from shades of orange to green depending on if she eats more avocados or sweet potatoes.  But like previous posters said, a diet change wouldn't be a cause for a fever.  A light fever, fussing, awake at nigh, and increased, watery poop are always signs of teething for my daughter.  Have you checked his gums for signs of new teeth?  Watch his bum with all that increased poop, if it is teething related he could get a really wicked case of diaper rash (increased saliva production, great for digesting food, hard on that sensitive baby bum skin).

Hope he feels better soon!

Archived