Ghee Allergy?

Chloe Rose Fineman

If you're experiencing issues with something, definitely pull it out. Are you particularly sensitive to dairy? The clarification process is manual and isn't perfect. There are still trace amounts of dairy proteins left in the ghee. Most tolerate it, but if you're sensitive to it, avoid it! Duck fat's way better than ghee anyway :)

I don't use ghee at all and have done fine without it. I use Coconut oil or olive oil for my cooking fats. What foods are you specifically using the ghee with/on? I mean, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" might be better with ghee, but you can just skip the mashed part and have cauliflower, too. I was a dairy addict and have used real butter for over 15 years, but I really haven't missed it all. Try just going without!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What about using clarified butter with an autoimmune protocol? I have been using coconut oil and my boyfriend was getting tired of coconut flavored food so I switched to clarified butter I made from pastured butter and he likes that better. When I cook for myself I use coconut oil. However for my next Whole 30 I am doing an autoimmune protocol without eggs, nightshades, and nuts for arthritis. Currently I don't feel like clarified butter is an issue but then again I don't feel any problems with the other foods either except I have heard that nightshades can aggravate arthritis and my chiropracter recommended leaving out nightshades especially.

Archived