JenHZ post whole30 Dancing my own Dance

JenHZ

Friday 1/8/16 Day 3 W30+A&s

today Saturday I chose to have the special at a diner,  not worth it but what I could have had there that was compliant would not have tasted better,  still it would not have tasted worse either so next time I end up there  ( it was after a class and very few food choices in area) I will just have to appreciate that I is locally owned and adorably decorated and not try for tasty, to me, food. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday 1/11/15 got derailed by not planning better for Panera and ended up with a salad with gorgonzola in it.  I don't even like that cheese

also ate spouse's homemade cinnamon bread - that was worth it.

next time Panera should be a a classic salad with chicken

Day 4 W30+A&s Monday 1/11/16

M1 Melissa's chicken hash, sweet potato with ghee

M2 leftover chuck roast, green beans

Nia

Post WO deli turkey, sweet potato

M3 cashews, dark chocolate

M4 leftover steak and Brussels sprouts, squash soup from freezer

Day 5 Tuesday 1/12/16

M1 same

Pre WO toasted almonds

Nia

Post WO same

roasted cashews

M2 steak salad with cilantro lime mayo

M3 banana, coconut milk peppermint mocha

M4 burger with mayo and lettuce, fries, club soda

white wine

chili wasn't done for dinner so kid and I went to Red Robin, at least a lot is cooked up for the future

need to defrost meat for burger tonight

OK I have a big dance class this afternoon that I have to leave for right after I bring kid home from school

need meal 3/pre workout meal I can eat in car

nuts, carrots?  ( carb/veg), deli meat, fizzy water

post work out possibly - take in any case more deli meat, sweet potato  - cook potato at 2:00

just power through working around cleaning lady and her griping at 2:00

very clucky to have a cleaning aldy who can work around my mess just sorry she has a hard life and no one else to talk to  about it.

Boiled eggs are great.  So's just about any finger-sized protein -- sliced ham (not necessarily compliant), roast beef, chicken thigh, etc.  

Good raw veggies:  carrots, celery, radish, peppers, jicama, cabbage (yes, cabbage -- in leaf size, it's easy to roll up and eat without making a mess)

Fats:  Avocado, nuts, unsweetened chocolate (not a compliant food, necessarily, but for me it's a great fat source)

ThyPeace, used to have to eat in the car a lot.

thanks much ThyPeace, great ideas

ended up with smoked salmon and cashews for pre and just came home and ate dinner post, a bit longer between workout and meal than ideal but 2 meals would have been right next to each other and I didn't want to sit in a cold car and eat

going to count today as compliant though the coffee drink I got came with whipped cream on top so I had diary,  but I exercised 2 and a half hours and did not overeat

day6 W30+A&s

Friday 1/14/16 day 7 W30+A&s

lunch sauce  was a little suspicious when it came may have had butter in it or maybe they just emulsified the oil a lot, just hope it wasn't cream

M1 Melissa's chicken has ( last of it) leftover baked squash with ghee, pear

almond milk mocha - nota great pre workout choice but my abs were too sore to eat solid food

Nia 1 hour 20 minutes

M2 out Artic char with sauce, steamed vegetables, Pellegrino water

M3 finished the mocha

M4 spinach tomato frittata

oneg orange and a bite of gluten and tablespoon of wine

Smoked salmon and cashews is a combination I never would have thought of!  Sounds like a good one, though.  Too bad about the whipped cream in the coffee.  You could maybe have scraped it off?  Good thing lactose doesn't bother you like it does me.  I would have had to throw it away without drinking it.

ThyPeace, oh, the tummy aches...

Thanks thyPeace.   smoked salmon and cashews was actually very tasty.  The cashews had no salt so it wasn't too much of a salt overload.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were all off W30, going to get back on today though it means I will have to toss some tasty leftovers.

day 8 W30+A&s Tuesday 1/19/16

did eat too much sugar

m1 frittata, sweet potato with ghee

m2 bison burger with portabella bun and mustard, leftover hard candy

m3 salmon, poached egg, W30 Hollandaise  ( not lemony enough)

m4 diner for breakfast from W30 cookbook  minus the eggs, white wine

didn't get a walk in, did get walk Sunday and Monday taking visitor to see sights

I did not toss the leftovers

I ate them Wednesday.  My stomach didn't fell ready for leftover lamb which was my other choice.

but that was a slippery slope.  bad eating makes me lack energy and for me good eating requires energy to plan and cook

I will eat that lamb for lunch and get back on track

day 9 Friday 1/22/16

m1 frittata, sweet potato with ghee

walk 30 min including some stairs

m2 chili, avocado

m3 dark chocolate cashews, sugar candy

m4 turkey, cauliflower mash, snow pea soup

oneg  bite cake, fruit, veg, black coffee

nota great meal 3 but I need to remember that if I am not doing template I need to look at the  "treats" I have that are ingredient compliant

no more days yet

the good, the bad, and the lessons

good Saturday compliant all day including thru a dinner party we gave until dessert where I pulled out the leftover chocolate candy with dairy and probably soy

lesson - plan the party dessert ahead of time and plan a post New Year's day of chocolate for me to get rid of any leftovers

Good Sunday 2 + hour hike followed by compliant meal at red Robin, planned off meal with homeless camp for dinner but all "off" items were homemade

bad finished the chocolates at home without planning that

Monday good compliant lunch at Mexican restaurant - next time add guac to my order and just say no rice and beans

bad after what I thought would be compliant shrimp at pasta restaurant came with cheese on them I also ordered a crème brule

good I did not finish it as it was not tasty

lesson don't take one slip as the message to keep going off, oh and never order crème brule there again

overall lesson I need to keep focusing on spending time in my kitchen for me and my family.  I can eat out but I will probably need a handful of nuts after most meals to keep the fat satiation levels up

Day 10  Tuesday January 26

M1 3 eggs scrambled in olive oil  with 1 portabella mushroom, sweet potato with ghee

pre WO cashews

Nia

Post WO smoked salmon, sweet potato

M2 out carne asada with chimichhuri, pico de gallo, and onions  YUM

M3 dark chocolate, almonds

M4 "Bangers and Mash" from W30 cookbook .  unrecognizable but very tasty.  white wine

W30 with a cold.  I get that W30 soup is great.  I am sending spouse to check freezer in garage.  Because what I really don't do when I am sick is cook.

I am very proud of myself for having actually scrambled the eggs this morning.  and microwaved a sweet potato.

Day 12 Tuesday 2/2/16

M1 bangers and mash from W30 cookbook

black coffee and an apple for coffee hour with friend that ran way long

m2 out burger in lettuce wrap with guac, salad with dressing, a few fries

m3 black coffee, dark chocolate  - took kid and friend to Starbucks

m4 Shrimp Romesca (sp?) from W30 cook book, half pear

alcohol and honey in a hot toddy for my cold

just trying to figure out how to deal with Saturday night's  dinner.  game night from 5:30 - unknown.  there will be cheap pizza, chips and cookies there.  not stuff I want to eat.  but I will need to eat sometime that night.  can't take meat to venue  ( kashrut concerns)

I will take veggies and  w30 dip. 

should I take my own high end cheese? maybe an almond milk latte?

Day 14 Thursday 2/4/16

M1 4 medium eggs scrambled in avocado oil, sweet potato with ghee, forgot to eat my pear

m2 out steak frites

m3 cashews

m4 chicken meatballs, sunshine sauce, cauli rice

Scotch

need to eat more veg, really need to buy frozen green beans

spouse suggests we can take cold cuts to Saturday event and go out and eat them in the car

Archived