A new year, a new whole30, a new me.

Vian

I am ready to start focusing on losing weight again. I lost, at my best, 68lbs. Over the last few years its crept back up and i regained about 20lbs. I spent the last year getting my psoriasis under control and now its almost gone, so now i want to get my weight back down to where i am happy with it. I want to lose about 50lbs, which means about a pound a week in 2016, which is absolutely doable. I will start with a whole30.

My whole30 will be semi-AIP. Not only will I follow all the normal whole30 rules, but I will also not eat tomatoes, peppers or other nightshades, and I will also avoid nuts (I do ok with pecans and walnuts in moderation, but almonds and macadamia nuts make my psoriasis flair up)

So here is my first meal of the new year and my whole30. Crumbled home made sausage with crumbled bacon and roasted sweet potato and onions. c6e4731e62a42b7d89606a56664c6fbe.jpg

For lunch i had leftover burger with bacon, caramelized onions, and lettuce wrap with a salad on the side.

Dinner is mini meatloaf muffins with home made nomato ketchup (made with beets, carrots, and apple juice for sweetness) with roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato mash with cinnamon and ghee.

58a75911f2a55ab61eb24dc41abd5f19.jpg

For lunch i had leftover burger with bacon, caramelized onions, and lettuce wrap with a salad on the side. Dinner is mini meatloaf muffins with home made nomato ketchup (made with beets, carrots, and apple juice for sweetness) with roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato mash with cinnamon and ghee. 58a75911f2a55ab61eb24dc41abd5f19.jpg

Looks delicious! I love a Brussels Sprout!

Having some carb flu symptoms, headache and such. Hope to be done with the carb flu stage soon.

Same as yesterday but i added a fried egg on top for breakfast.

b862193cc1522332a8f9d6166a145f1e.jpg

Lunch was leftover meatloaf, brussels sprouts and sweet potato.

For dinner i made butternut squash noodles with the spiralizer with grass fed geound beef and my home made nomato sauce. It tastes better than it looks.

70976e85efe6b8bee815c85b8a94306b.jpg

And lastly, my kitchen is clean for once. It will last tonight and then tomorrow i will dirty it up again

c7b1e2b78cbf65b49b900032b4b69e5d.jpg

Same thing for breakfast as yesterday with an orange on the side.

8f96e98c5e1be5487c6e956a8dc51b6b.jpg

Lunch was leftover butternut squash noodles with ground beef and nomato sauce.

Dinner i roasted a chicken and brussels sprouts with sweet potato mash with ghee and cinnamon (forgot to take a pic)

And now I'm having a mug of rooibos and honeybush tea.

a252b9302cbcb78b9af03d79f97c3d37.jpg

Breakfast was the same hash with an egg in top and an orange.

Lunch i made tom kah gai soup with mushrooms, bok choy, leftover chicken, shredded carrots in a broth with coconut milk lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, and ginger.

bfce2efe9ff457b80f33edf07ef1fe30.jpg

Dinner was leftover chicken, brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoe mash.

Forgot to take pictures today.

I had more pork carnitas on a salad with guac for breakfast

Same for lunch with a mandarin orange and a few plantain chips dipped in the guac

Dinner was sage turkey patties with bacon roasted broccoli and sweet potato mash and a mug of Spice of Life tea from Teavana <3

Sweet potato hashbrowns with sausage and an egg for breakfast

Leftover turkey patties with roasted broccoli and sweet potato mash for lunch.

Stirfry with chicken thighs, carrots, and snow peas for dinner

0852a5c7d8b35962123f74eb20b4430b.jpg

White asian sweet potato hashbrowns for breakfast with sausage and two fried eggs

db29ae9a24aa648ab06ff796f0acd642.jpg

Leftover stirfry for lunch

Pork siu mai meatballs with green beans and carrots in a sauce of coconut aminos, fish sauce, garlic and ginger for dinner

732059ec9e626225beb2a57a5503df06.jpg

Jan 9th

I had sweet potato hashbrowns, sausage and egg again for breakfast

9b01be4792eb8b43e37f651f289c63b1.jpg

Then leftover meatballs and greenbeans for lunch.

Grassfed burger with home made pickles, nomato ketchup, and bacon in a lettuce wrap with sweet potato fries.

2ec4f4f017dd9a1ad85521d2b1ceb6c4.jpg

Jan 10th

Same for breakfast

Leftover burger and fries for lunch

Roasted chicken leg with roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato mash with ghee and cinnamon for dinner

3683103dc3b78ab80759ea39f882f4ec.jpg

Jan 11th

Forgot to take pics

Eggs and sweet potato hashbrowns for breakfast

Salad with leftover roasted chicken, kalamata olives, bacon, and a red wine vinaigrette for lunch

Leftover chicken hindquarter with sweet potato mash and roasted brussels sprouts for dinner

Jan 12th

Sausage, eggs, and sweet potato hashbrowns for breakfast

Lunch was a salad with chicken, olives, bacon, and red wine vinaigrette

Dinner was this fantastic stew with cauliflower rice.

160b7489d584382f56b3bead0d927b8b.jpg

January 13th

I had stew for breakfast with tostones (plantains fried in coconut oil) and stew again for lunch for cauliflower rice.

Dinner was pork siu mai meatballs with green beans and carrots in a sauce made with coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger and garlic.

January 14th

Breakfast:

eggs, sausage, bacon, sweet potato hashbrowns

Lunch

Leftover pork siu mai meatballs and green beans. Also had a banana

Dinner

Sage turkey patties with bacon roasted broccoli and sweet potato mash and a mug of chamomile cinnamon apple tea.

Jan 15th

Breakfast:

Sweet potato hashbrowns, fried egg, home made sausage

Lunch:

leftover Sage turkey patties with broccoli and sweet potato mash

Dinner: cauliflower fried rice with shrimp, carrots, green onions, eggs, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and sesame oil.

d69faceb9a2faa2d089d9107a1a87951.jpg

Jan 17th:

Really craving sugar. I've been mostly fine up until now. No tiger blood, I never get it, but I got these amazing D'anjou pears that I've been having with meals and I just really want to make a dessert with them, with vanilla, or rosewater, and ice cream...something...

Breakfast:

Sweet potato hashbrowns, eggs, bacon

Lunch: 

Leftover string bean chicken

Dinner:

Grass fed burger with bacon and home made nomato sauce, home made pickles, in a lettuce wrap, with sweet potato fries.

January 18th:

Breakfast:

Sweet potato hashbrowns, eggs, bacon

Lunch: Leftover burger with bacon, nomato ketchup, and pickles with sweet potato fries and lettuce wrap.

Dinner: Roasted chicken with roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato mash

January 19th:

Breakfast:

Sweet potato hashsbrowns, scrambled eggs with sausage

Lunch:

Leftover roasted chicken, brussels sprouts, and sweet potato mash and a d'anjou pear

Dinner:

Chicken salad with celery, leftover roasted chicken breast, apple, pecans, golden raisins, and home made mayo.

7eea74628a0ac5f1d7561db37cfd90b6.jpg

January 20th:

Breakfast:

I thawed some frozen meatloaf muffins and had those with nomato ketchup on top and a smoothie with avocado, banana, strawberries and blueberries. Not template, but the smoothie was all the sounded good.

Lunch: 

Leftover chicken salad

Dinner: Butternut squash noodles with nomato sauce and ground beef

January 21st:

Breakfast

2 eggs, sausage, and sweet potato hashbrowns

Lunch: 

Leftover squash noodles with nomato sauce and ground beef

Dinner:

Lamb Kofta meatballs with onions, mint, parsley, garlic, and seasoning. Cucumber salad with sweet onions dressed in avocado oil, lemon juice and white wine vinegar on the side. Yes it's on a small plate, but I had a second helping of the salad.

9eaffc3e57ede03dda1fac9d65d312a2.jpg

January 22nd:

Breakfast:

Eggs, bacon, and sweet potato hashbrowns

Lunch:

Leftover meatballs and cucumber salad

Dinner:

Egg Foo Young (browned seasoned ground pork, sauteed napa cabbage, bean sprouts, and green onions with eggs seasoned with fish sauce) and Chop Suey (celery, bean sprouts and onions in a thickened chicken stock sauce seasoned with fish sauce and coconut aminos.

632b5a94fe5fceab63f8d02d176df0f9.jpg

January 23rd:

Breakfast:

Leftover egg foo young

Lunch:

More egg foo young with chop suey

Dinner: 

Salad with Grass fed T-Bone steak and Caesar dressing (home-made mayo, lemon juice, avocado oil, anchovy paste, black pepper, garlic)

d0e2251ced449dcf61d59ae069a6e95f.jpg

January 24th:

Breakfast:

Egg Foo Young with Chop Suey

Lunch:

Salad with leftover steak and caesar dressing

Dinner:

Roasted chicken leg and thigh with roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato mash with ghee and cinnamon.

Also super excited that Winco now carries my favorite flavor of LaCroix: Passionfruit! I got some in Tacoma at Whole Foods when I went there, I brought home two cases because we don't have a whole foods here and Winco only had the 4 basic flavors, another grocery store had some of the fancy flavors, but they were little 8 packs for like $6 and they didn't have passionfruit anyway. Winco has a 12 pack for $4. SO HAPPY!!!

4574ca62c54a9574c9abd2131f04ff65.jpg

Jan 25th:

Breakfast: 

I found some whole30 compliant chicken sausage at trader joes (Herb and garlic) so I had one of those, a couple slices of bacon, and sweet potato hashbrowns.

Lunch: 

Leftover roasted chicken, roasted brussels sprouts, sweet potato mash

Dinner:

Tom Kah Gai soup (bone broth with coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, ginger, and lemongrass for aromatics) with bok choy, carrots, leftover chicken breast, mushrooms, and thai basil.

e748da330c58263ffd62732b2d24c59a.jpg

January 26th

Breakfast:

The usual

Lunch:

Leftover soup

Dinner: 

Meatloaf with nomato ketchup, roasted carrots, and cauli mashed

January 27th:

Breakfast:

The usual

Lunch:

Leftover meatloaf and sides

Dinner:

Chipotle copycat pork carnitas salad with guac and sauteed onions.

January 28th

Breakfast:

The usual

Lunch:

Leftover carnitas salad

Dinner:

Chicken strips breaded in cassava flour and baked zucchini wedges

January 29th:

Breakfast:

The usual

Lunch: Leftover chicken strips and zucchini

Dinner: Chicken korma curry with carrots and cauliflower (I make my own Garam Masala spice blend with no nightshades, curry has Garam Masala, chicken, onions, carrots, cauliflower, and coconut milk, and some lime juice.

January 30th:

Breakfast: Leftover curry

Lunch: Leftover curry

DInner: Instant pot short ribs with roasted broccoli and cauli mash.

Archived