Turkey Bacon

AlphaNerd

If you can find one that is compliant then it's fine to eat. Bacon in general is VERY hard to find compliant... I would guess the same for Turkey Bacon...

I don't think turkey bacon is safe to eat.   :D  Compliant commercial bacon is expensive.   Did you ever find compliant  Canadian bacon?  :lol: 

http://pedersonsnaturalfarms.com/product/no-sugar-bacon/

Product Description

Ingredients: Pork, Water, Less Than 2%: Salt, Vinegar, Celery Powder.

Yes, you read that right! Finally, there is a sugar free, paleo friendly, Whole30 Approved bacon available nationwide in your local grocery stores! And, it’s the same Pederson’s quality that you’ve grown to love. Our pork is raised without the use of antibiotics or growth stimulants and fed no animal by-products… EVER! Minimally processed, no artificial ingredients, no preservatives, no added nitrates or nitrites, no gluten, no lactose, no MSG, and NO sweeteners! In fact, if you’d like to see how our bacon is made, check it out HERE. We think you’ll love our No Sugar Bacon!

What's the ingredient list on that one?

Turkey, water, sea salt, celery powder, paprika, white pepper, onion powder.

It's boring as hell but satisfies the "slab of salted meat" category and helped me a couple of times when I lost my appetite for breakfast. I prefer to bake it as it doesn't have enough fat to make it easy to cook in a skillet.

It looks delish, but it's So Expensive (at least in my neck of the woods). I was able to get almost 3lbs of chicken (granted, it was on sale) for 1.5x the price of like 8 strips of turkey bacon. The compliant pork bacon was the same price as the turkey. I may get a wild and crazy bacon hankering and get it before the Whole 30 is over but I was thinking "a whole lot of chicken or like 3 days worth of bacon?"

It looks delish, but it's So Expensive (at least in my neck of the woods). I was able to get almost 3lbs of chicken (granted, it was on sale) for 1.5x the price of like 8 strips of turkey bacon. The compliant pork bacon was the same price as the turkey. I may get a wild and crazy bacon hankering and get it before the Whole 30 is over but I was thinking "a whole lot of chicken or like 3 days worth of bacon?"

Keep your eyes peeled for it on sale and then stock up your freezer ;)

Keep your eyes peeled for it on sale and then stock up your freezer ;)

Stuff at Whole Foods on sale, you're funny  :D

My local WF has pretty good prices on eggs and I usually pick up some produce as their lettuces seem to last longer, but I usually wander around and wonder what my salary would have to be to actually do most of my shopping there. 

But if it does go on sale, you better believe I'm buying some!

• Moderators

Does the Trader Joe's turkey bacon have sugar in it?

It's hard to say as it can change from region to region.  The best bet is to go and have a look at the ingredients on the specific package you're going to purchase.

Stuff at Whole Foods on sale, you're funny  :D

We don't have a Whole Foods here in Australia lol but now that I think about it, my healthy stores rarely have sales either ;)

Pastured bacon is important because it has a lot more fat than other meats, so you want that fat to be nutritious (grass fed meat absorbs Omega 3 into the fat, which is why it can be yellow in things like beef, that's the grass showing through).

Archived