Getting Healthy for GOOD this time -- whole30 first timer.

alynn91

Hey everybody!

Today my fiance and I started our first ever whole30 (well, technically we started yesterday, but accidentally ate peanuts, so we are starting over today). I bought the book about 4 months ago and wanted to start after the holidays.

A few years ago, I went from 200 to 140 lbs pretty quickly with healthy eating and exercise, but in the last couple of years, it has all come back. I am back to my original weight and looking to lose that, but also to ditch the unhealthy habits that have lead me here! I really have been putting so much garbage into my body, I'm so excited to give it this much needed reset! 

I will be logging here daily and checking in for advice and support! I'm so excited for this journey!

Hi friends, I'm on day 7 and I am grateful for such a well thought out program that anticipates me flops and failures before they can happen! The recipes are well thought out and so delicious. My family members who are not w30-ing eat right along with me without complaint. Benefits are already evident, sinus inflammation and the persistent stuffy nose-gone. Cranky sore shoulder- moving better. Energy level-improved. Good attitude-check. That last one helps with meal planning, just doesn't seem like such a chore. Full disclosure: I did start a week before the first of January: thought I'd work out the bugs and it turns out I got a nice head start. So really 7+5. But whose counting. What I'm up against is a a lifetime of sugar addiction, lazy habits and a habit of enduring misery. Well, this feels to good to stop. This weekend: two social food fetes. Wish me luck and good planning!!

Archived