Have to share my first yuca root recipe

alissaks

I'm on Day 3 of my 3rd Whole30 in 3 years (that's a lot of 3s!!) and I just made a recipe that made me really happy.  It is yuca empanadas and recipe is here: http://predominantlypaleo.com/paleo-empanadas  I used hot chili garlic as a dipping sauce and some avocado (didn't get around to making guacamole).  These were so tasty and it really hit the spot after having an unsatisfying dinner last night, which made me want to eat something off-plan.  But I prevailed.

Anyone else have other yuca recipes.  I'm now very intrigued....pinterest must have recipes for me.  Try this recipe but if you like spice, definitely kick it up a notch for you taste.

• Moderators

That sounds delicious but unfortunately would qualify as recreating a baked good using compliant ingredients (SWYPO) All the empanadas that I've ever had have been a corn flour (masa) 'bread' and the recipe even refers to the outer layer as 'dough'. No go for Whole30, sorry!

Would be wonderful for after Whoie 30 tho!

Hmmm, having spent much time in Buenos Aires eating empanadas, I'm not sure I would ever think of it as a "baked good" and it is not doughy.  I guess I'm recreating something but I also have made rice from cauliflower. I think there are a lot of carbs, so it surprises me yucca is ok. I think this recipe is actually compliant from what I've read in the book, so it works for me but thanks for your feedback.

Archived