Brewer's Yeast Recipe?

Does anyone have a recipe for something containing Brewer's Yeast? I've had my supply drop and that always gets it back up, however, with the restrictions I can't make my paleo lactation cookies. (and we all know how gross brewer's yeast tastes without being covered up)

Thanks for your reply on my other post.  I added four fenugreek pills three times a day yesterday, and I made a lactation smoothie this morning.  Something helped a little, at least my pumping output seems to be a tad better. 

Anyway, I blended the following:

Handful of frozen strawberries

Half a fresh banana

A few chunks of frozen banana

T of ground flaxseed

T of brewer's yeast

T of cashew butter

Almond milk

It was...drinkable.  I could still taste the brewer's yeast, but I am going to make one tomorrow with more nut butter and with coconut milk instead of almond milk since almond milk is not the best.  I think adding cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice might help with the brewer's yeast taste, too. 

Let me know if you come up with anything.  I also was thinking of taking brewer's yeast tablets.  Have you tried those?

I really hope someone doesn't get on here and tell me smoothies are discouraged.  The only people who get to do that are people who have tried to choke down brewer's yeast to help their supply.  ;)   

• Moderators

I have nothing to offer on the Brewer's Yeast question.

Both of you do realize that as nursing moms, you should be eating four full meals a day, and that you also need extra fat -- snack on olives or drink straight coconut milk throughout the day -- right? And drink at least 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight -- so if you weigh 120 lbs, drink at least 60 oz of water, and more is even better. You need lots of food, and lots of fluid. If you have any question whether you're eating enough, I'd encourage you to list a couple of days' worth of food, including approximate portion sizes, and let's see if anyone notices anything on that front that might help.

Thanks for your input, Shannon!  It's 10:53 a.m., and I am on my third meal of the day.  :) 

LABRIDE!    I think I have perfected a brewer's yeast concoction:

1T brewer's yeast

1 T ground flaxseed (or more, it's tasteless)

half frozen banana

about 1 t cocoa powder (just pure cocoa)

2 T almond butter

Coconut milk/almond milk

Blend it up.  The brewer's yeast is still there, but it is not that bad.  Nuts aren't the idea fat, but I'm not eating nuts any other time of day. I made two of these yesterday and had them upon waking and right before bed.  I've had two great pumps since!

Thank you for sharing that smoothie recipe! I cannot wait to try this. I'm on day 4 and cannot tell if my supply is dipping from the Whole30 or the fact that my son is nursing like a crazy person this week when we are together. But, I'm all about more is better! 

Archived