Restaurant worker running into meal 3 issues.

ambnille07

I'm a server/bartender and on my second Whole30. I'm running into issues with blood sugar crashes when I either go into work at 4 pm or am in the middle of the shift. Is it okay to divide my meal 3 in half and eat before and after the rush? As a bartender, I usually can't have anyone cover for me during the shift because I'm alone, but I can sneak away every now and then to snack.

Hello from a fellow industry worker!I'm currently on my second whole 30 also but my schedule was totally different last time. Currently I usually work lunch shifts that go from 10 or 11 until about 5 and Ive been trying to figure out the best way to deal with my lunch. The other day I pulled out my salmon cakes and of course got hit with 6 new tables right then lol.I was pretty grumpy by the time I even had a second to think about myself. I'm curious to see what a moderator has to say about splitting your meal in half, but Im thinking it should be ok.

Either way, congrats on committing to a whole 30 when you are in this crazy lifestyle. I know how tough it can seem sometimes and would be happy to commiserate with you anytime!

Oops I must have been typing at the same time as Tom. Glad he chimed in :)

Archived