Starting February 1st!

wdiffin

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband and I are also starting Feb 1st. We both suffer from auto immune diseases (he has Rheumatoid Arthritis and I have Hashimotos) excited to figure out which foods are really affecting our inflamation and weight. I think our biggest test will be the Superbowl but I have already looked up some whole30 appetizers to bring to the party so I'm confident in this process.

Hiya Everyone :)

Melissa here from Southern California, I am 53 years young lol, married to my best friend of 10 years (great way to start a marriage) and we have 3 daughters and 4 furry babies. I am a RN who works in the NICU and a Lactation Consultant.  I adopted 2 of my daughters who were once 1 pound babies and are now 20 year old ladies in Nursing school.  When our daughters turned 10 we go PREGNANT with our biological daughter. 

I was a cheerleader, water polo player and swimmer growing up through college at USC, graduated began working as a RN NIGHTS and gained 250 pounds in 10 years. I decided I needed to save my life and had a Duodenal Switch gastric bypass at USC in 2001.  I lost the 200 pounds, but over the last 5 years, 50 pounds have snuck back on my body :(

I completed 18 days of Whole 30 and lost 11 pounds, but I am recommitting myself as I will not cheat myself out of the full benefits of the Whole 30 plan if I make a poor choice, I have committed myself to starting over until I get this solid whole 30 down perfectly, a lesson in being true to myself.

I love to swim, knit, read, quilt, etc... and most of all help families with their precious fragile babies.  

Hello all!!  I am starting Whole 30 in February too!  Been reading up and educating myself.  I am a new first time mom (baby is 9 months old) and am a fairly healthy eater but...I definitely have a carbohydrate issue.  I have PCOS and hypertension (have been medicated since my 20s).  Would love to see improvements in both of these!  Also, would love to beat infertility if possible.  

Weight loss is very difficult for me and I have struggled my entire life with it.  Right now, I weigh 185 at 5'4.  I'm ready to lose this extra flab and be healthy.

Thanks for being a supportive group.  I have joined the FB group as well.  I sure hope this works for me!

HI! My husband and I also will be starting on 1 Feb, our 5 year anniversary:) We both want to get healthy again and just regain control of our lives. IN the last 5 years we've moved around the world twice, he deployed, we've had two kids (you gets is 4 months tomorrow), and I've left the military. Needless to say we've slacked on taking care of ourselves! I'm 5'1" & 186 pounds. I feel like I have zero energy all the time...and not in the "we have a baby" sense. In the I'm huge and lethargic all the tome sense. I'm so excited to see what in our diets are causing both of us to feel so...broke down. We're both ready to be active again! :)

Hi! 

Planning on starting on February 1st! As all of you have been doing, I have been scouring the book, the web and picking everyone's brains that I know that have done the Whole 30. Super stoked for the whole adventure to begin, as well as being a nervous wreck since this is one of the very few programs where I have really decided to "go big or go home". 

Hey all! 

I'm starting February 1 as well. Nice to e-meet you! I'm a California transplant living in Atlanta, and I'm trying to re-set my need for sugar and salty snacks (and diet soda) and get back to eating real food. I'm about 15 pounds overweight but just that little bit has really slowed me down and caused all sorts of aches and pains (or maybe it's something I'm eating!). I'm nervous about planning out a whole week of Whole30 compliant meals--and feeding a picky 8 year old. A group of work friends and I are doing this together, so here's to February!

Kat

I'm getting excited! Just downloaded the Nom Nom app and getting my menu and grocery list planned for tomorrow. Even making the leap to brussel sprouts! Went to WF yesterday and scanned the aisles to see what they had. Happy to say I found coconut milk to use in my coffee. That is going to be the hardest part.

I'm starting on January 31! I will request to join the FB page! I've already bought my groceries and plan to do some prep today and tomorrow. Thanks to whoever recommended the chili...will try that. I'm making several sauces/condiments today including mayo, ketchup, ranch and sunshine sauce.

I'm starting February 1st too. Gotta do some grocery shopping tomorrow and prepare. I'm really excited about this, I hope you will all stick with it so we can draw strength and support from each other. Really interested to see how good I feel, see if my skin clears up and my weight goes down...gonna get my mum involved too! Good luck guys. Xxx

Hi All! I will be starting my first Whole30 on February 1st as well. My son was born in the spring of 2014 and spent 3 months in the NICU. He is a medically complex and medically fragile kiddo. I've spent the last 21 months attending to his every need. He's the love of my life and I love every minute of it, however, in the process of caring for him I gained 30 pounds. I need to start taking care of myself so I can be the best momma I can to my precious baby and the best wife I can be to my husband as well. Currently, I'm tired all the time and my body aches! I usually eat a nutritious breakfast and lunch, but dinner is whatever I can eat that's quick. I'm ready to have more energy, a happier spirit, and lose a few pounds in the process. Cheers!

Hi all you February 1st starters. I have been reading every Whole30 and Well Fed thing I can get my hands on for a month and shopping and cleaning out my pantry and fridge for about three weeks. I'm ready to go!!

My husband is along for the ride and says he'll stay true to the program. I have my first week's menu and most of the second's ready to go, made up from a combo of Well Fed and Whole30 recipes. I'm actually getting excited-especially to find out how much better my husband's high blood pressure, heart issues and acid reflux get after a few weeks. For me, it's mostly inflammation and aches and fatigue. I'm hoping that even tho I turn 70 in March, I won't feel like it any more. I'm tired of feeling like an old lady.

Here's to all of us who have already put in the time and hard work to get ready for this! Let's do it!!

Vicki

OK - I am in again,  I am doing a cook-up today so as to be prepared for the next week.  I have done this before so I know I can do it.  Which puzzles me so much when I think that I have two false starts under my belt already.......Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".  

I am starting tomorrow as well. About to head to the fresh market soon to buy all my foods for the week. Looking forward to the lifestyle change. I doubt it will be easy but this is something I have to do for my health and to get my weight down.

Archived