Kids Birthday Party S.O.S.

Ric4709

Hello,

So this coming Saturday my wife and I will be hosting about 20 members of my extended family for my sons birthday. The plan was always to just order some slab pizzas with a veggie tray and cake.  Obviously the pizza and cake are out for us.  I'm wondering if anyone has any recipe suggestions for an appetizer or some type of finger food that I can make lots of fairly quickly and easily? 

Hello,

So this coming Saturday my wife and I will be hosting about 20 members of my extended family for my sons birthday. The plan was always to just order some slab pizzas with a veggie tray and cake.  Obviously the pizza and cake are out for us.  I'm wondering if anyone has any recipe suggestions for an appetizer or some type of finger food that I can make lots of fairly quickly and easily?

Deviled eggs. Frittatas in muffin tins. Hot wings. Lots of olives. Guacamole with veggies.

• Moderators

Bacon wrapped sweet potatoes (or regular potatoes) are good, if you can find compliant bacon. Come to think of it, bacon wrapped anything is usually a big hit at parties. Googling Whole30 finger foods or Whole30 party foods or Whole30 appetizers will get you a ton of results. There's some good suggestions here that are definitely Whole30 -- for other search results, be sure you read the recipes carefully to ensure they're compliant.

It's my daughter's birthday today. We had family for lunch on Sunday and I just did a roast dinner (all compliant plus sausages and Yorkshire pudding for those who wanted it) and a bowl of berry fruit for after. Yesterday we had friends over for a party and I did pizzas, toddler salad (cucumber, cherry tomatoes and berries) and I just made a curried chicken salad for myself and my friend who is also doing whole 30. I made a cake but didn't eat any. No point putting in excessive time, effort and money for people who will be happy to just eat pizza ....

Archived