My Favorite Kitchen Gadgets

bzbear2

Since start the Whole30 I have discovered a bunch of kitchen gadgets that I love but had been previously neglecting!

• Spiralizer (I have the super simple pencil sharpener type one)
  • OXO julienne cutter (amazing for salads!)
  • simple mandoline (also for salads, veggies)
  • Soda Stream - bubbly water is so much more refreshing and I add a tiny splash of juice to make it more exciting
  • flexible plastic cutting boards - I have been going through so many cutting boards, these are easy to wash, easy to transfer ingredients to pot, and i have a ton because they take up no space!
  • Avent baby food storage containers - this is random but I have a ton of these from my kids and they're great for storing sauces, mayo etc - because they are small and have a screw top lid

Does anyone else have any favorite gadgets?!

• Moderators

Oooohhh, GREAT list!

I would add:

• mason jars (great for making mayo in as well as storing any food)
  • stick blender (because MAYO!)
  • oven/freezer safe glass containers -- I make Well Fed Velvety Butternut Squash in these and store all kinds of food in them
  • cheesecloth (for making ghee)
  • crockpot (making bone broth, roasts, chili, etc)

My food processor is getting way more use (mayo, cauli-rice, chopping chicken for chicken salad).

My vitamix now gets used AT LEAST once a day for mixing/frothing coffee with coconut cream.

I love my avocado keeper for keeping the other half of an avocado fresh and not brown.

I simply LOVE my Instant Pot (pressure cooker).

In addition to other items mentioned above, I have two nut milk bags that I use instead of cheesecloth -- one reserved for straining bone broth, and one reserved for ghee.

I also have a bunch of Rubbermaid containers -- the "premier" ones that aren't supposed to stain (they microwave better than the cheaper ones, especially the covers). We use them for hot lunches, and I got five with red lids and five with blue lids so I can keep my lunches and my husband's separate (he eats more).

I have a 70s-era Sunbeam egg cooker that cooked perfect, I mean PERFECT, hard-boiled eggs!  I like to joke that it's probably got asbestos in it. :)

But anyway, so ya, that is #1 ... immersion blender for mayo ... egg-slicer for adding eggs cooked with the aforementioned cooked to salads ... crock pot (obvi!!) ... does can opener count as a gadget? (I eat a lot of olives) ... Vegetti spiralizer ... AeroPress coffee press (this is probably #2 FAVORITE after the egg cooker) ...

I thought of a few more!

• my Oxo avocado tool (for cutting/pitting and slicing, that thing is GREAT)
  • rubber garlic peeler (from the target $1 bin) - seriously awesome
  • I just got a lemon/lime juicer with a little container below for saving juice. Love.

I have a 70s-era Sunbeam egg cooker that cooked perfect, I mean PERFECT, hard-boiled eggs!  I like to joke that it's probably got asbestos in it. :)

But anyway, so ya, that is #1 ... immersion blender for mayo ... egg-slicer for adding eggs cooked with the aforementioned cooked to salads ... crock pot (obvi!!) ... does can opener count as a gadget? (I eat a lot of olives) ... Vegetti spiralizer ... AeroPress coffee press (this is probably #2 FAVORITE after the egg cooker) ...

Ok, I couldn't resist getting the gang together for a photo-op!!!

Bp9Km7K.jpg

Archived