Hello!

So I'm currently ending Day 7 of not having a normal BM. I'm going blunt, I tried going yesterday and today only to pass maybe 5-6 hard, dense little rabbit turds. That was a struggle and didn't want to put any more stress down there (if you know what I mean). Hemorrhoids have been inflamed, even without the straining from yesterday and day.

-I am on no medication

-my crohns disease is in remission

-I don't have pain, yet it's uncomfortable

-bloating is steady and increased after eating

-I perform abdominal exercises to get the muscles working

-drink over 64 oz of water daily (trying to drink even more in this state)

-tried incorporating caffeine, raw carrots, and apple cider vinegar mixed with water (usually helps me if there's an issue in the past), detox hot tea

-began abdominal massages today

Normal day of meals...

Hot tea (green, ginger, mint, detox)

B: 2 cooked eggs in EVOO w/ kale, black pepper, sea salt, turmeric//palm sized beef// raw grapes, raw avocado, raw whole banana with lemon juice on top

L: Sage burger//raw grapes, raw avocado, raw whole banana with lemon juice on top (made up multiples, usually it's different yet that's all I had available that day)// raw carrot

D: Whole30 mayo on compliant ingredients for chicken turkey salad (celery, dill, chives, grapes, avocado) 12 oz  

Hot tea (green, ginger, mint, or detox)

S: sweet potatoes cooked in EVOO, rosemary, thyme, sprinkled avocado seed, sea salt, black pepper 

Hot tea (green, ginger, mint, detox) --thought hot tea would help

I didn't want to get to the enzymes or magnesium yet I'm debating now. I'm on Day 25 and have been compliant throughout. I still get hungry yet become bloated afterward. I almost don't want to put anymore food down there. Never had an issue with any of these foods before or when on the Whole30 diet.

145lb (before I started Whole30 and not sure current weight)

sleep is well

workouts are an extreme struggle unlike before I started

energy is steadying out and it's amazing

not cold as much after eating 

mood is well :D

I'm a chick

Anyone that took the time to read this-thank you and I appreciate any time or help you put forth. For sure, I'm grateful

(I know, theres a lot there)

Enjoy the day

wolfgang

I would try avoiding the raw food and go with cooked starchy veg instead, soup may help if eating is feeling hard.

I would add the magnesium ASAP and taking it at night tends to help with sleep as well.

Although I can see avocado in there, you may not be getting enough fat, try and up your mayo and other fats.

Avoiding seeds and nuts may help just until you get some relief.

Magnesium brings liquid into your intestines to help with evacuation. Hard can mean you're too dry (either fat or water) and small often means not enough of the right kind of fibre (raw stuff can be tough to digest).

You also mentioned a detox tea. What is this exactly?

I second the magnesium. I'm pregnant and constipated as all can be. I got magnesuim oil (I can't take horse pills) and spray some on my belly before bed. In the morning, boom, I'm regular. Sweet relief! It's well worth it, particularly if you're prone to digestive issues.

I also suffer from constipation on whole30.  I do take a magnesium tablet at night - I suffer from nightly leg cramps and that helps.  I was eating egg dishes like frittata at the beginning for breakfast, but I start work early and was not really enjoying it.  I tried chia pudding homemade with coconut milk, and then add extra ground flax meal and a bit of fruit.  I really enjoy this for brekafast and it keeps me full until lunch.  Mostly for lunch I have a salad with sardines or boiled eggs or tuna and homemade mayo.  I love pre-cooking meals and have some kind of meat and mostly cooked veggies at night.  Sometimes another piece of fruit during the day - often pawpaw as it seems to help with constipation.  I also have a glass of homemade kefir water daily.  I drink probably four litres of water a day, and have a half hour walk in the morning and then 45 mins in the afternoon.  I am on day 20 today and feel fit and well otherwise, would like to continue this way of eating for ever if I can sort out what it is that is making so constipated.

• Moderators

Africanaussie,

The chia pudding, while technically compliant, is not a good choice to start off your day. For best results you need your meals, especially Meal 1, to match the Meal Template - protein, veggies and fat. Fruit should not take the place of veggies. Fruit can be constipating, believe it or not.

Try getting more veggies and protein and see how you fare.

Africanaussie

If you don't like eggs for breakfast, have something else :)

I take Magmin magnesium, sometimes 6 a day.

To get things moving, look at magnesium, water intake, enough starchy veg (green veggies are great but may not produce enough bulk - try white or sweet potatoes) and fat (avocado is a good one).

• 4 weeks later...

To all, Thank you for the posts.

-With the detox tea-it's just herbal tea with a fancy name :P

-I increased my diet after this prior post to incorporate at least a 1 cup of cooked leafy greens daily and backed off of the daily amount of sweet potatoes and bananas and with a daily sip of mineral oil for a 5 days. And that helped.

-I continued to be Whole30 from Jan. 4 to Feb 21. I had compliant nuts with peanut oil, that I wasn't aware of, on the 21st of Feb halting my clean streak. I continued the Whole30 to this day with an antibiotic (Levaquin) and inhaler (symbicort) w/ a probiotic for suggested pneumonia with a probiotic started March 2nd to now.

-My diet and status feels some what out of whack now even though I'm eating compliant foods and staying on top of meal planning.

--I sometime get EXTREMELY tired after my meals (nap worthy)

--Get cold after meals when digesting

--WO are a struggle with muscle stress

--difficult to go more the 4 hours without a meal (tired, irritable)

--bloated after meals, uncomfortable

--sleep very soundly at night avg. 6 hours per night. 8-9 weekends

--easy to fall asleep

-I do try to eat a meal if I so happen to last 4-5 hours in between meals even though I'm not hungry (good or bad idea?) I was trying to get on a schedule even though I wasn't hungry I'd eat that timed meal, yet I'm unsure if that's necessary. 

Regular day-

B- cup leafy green cooked in bone,meat,or veg broth (drink rest of broth 2-6 oz), 2 eggs in oil, whole avocado, banana, mango, chia seeds, 1-3 oz meat -ie beef liver(yet I've recently cut out meat bc I'm so bloated afterwards)

or

loaded chunky smoothie where I still need to chew-4 stalks asparagus, 3-4 dates, cacao powder, chai seeds, avocado seeds, 3/4-1 cup raw leafy green, 1/2 - 1 avocado, banana

S-celery stalks with apple and/or mango, 4-5 strawberries, lemon juice

L- 12 oz salmon salad (like our tuna salad) or thai curry mix (all compliant vegs) with sometimes cup of fruit

S- maybe bite of wheatgrass

D- same as lunch and/or with spaghetti squash and mushrooms with sometimes cup of fruit

2nd D (random days)-same as L w/o fruit amount

50-70 oz water daily

- I try to avoid grazing and will snack if I don't want another meal because it was only 2 hours since the prior one.  So I try to eat a larger meal to only feel totally bloated and uncomfortable afterwards. Thoughts?

What is a good time to stop eating even though I might be seriously hungry at night?  And hot tea and snacks isn't cutting it.

-Having a hard time differentiating between hunger and craving. I'll ask myself "am I craving it because it's a sugar mango or could I eat a burger?" Which I'm pretty sure I could eat either, even though I'd like to grab the easy-accessable sweet, mango instead.

-The energy is decent one day then inconsistent the next with cold spells after eating. Totally confused. 

-Trying to manage through this to gain fat-adaption

Once again thank you to whoever reads and notes on this :)

Wolfgang

You're eating A LOT of fruit which is much more likely to be responsible for the bloating you describe than the meat. Avocados can also be problematic for many so you might want to cut back on those for a few days to see if you see improvement on that front.

My advice would be to ditch the fruit and increase the size of your meals so that you nolonger feel the need for those snacks. Some of your meals look to be lacking in fat. Less fruit & more fat (not so much nuts, but maybe some home made mayo, fatty cuts of meat, ghee, tallow, lard, duck/goose fat, oils etc) would greatly improve your energy levels.

Fat adaptation is not going to happen if you're topping up sugar supplies in the form of fruit every couple of hours.

Understood

Thank you jmcbn

Any thoughts on....

My diet and status feels some what out of whack now even though I'm eating compliant foods and staying on top of meal planning.

--I sometime get EXTREMELY tired after my meals (nap worthy)

--Get cold after meals when digesting

--WO are a struggle with muscle stress

--difficult to go more the 4 hours without a meal (tired, irritable)

--bloated after meals, uncomfortable

--sleep very soundly at night avg. 6 hours per night. 8-9 weekends

--easy to fall asleep

and trying to balance out eating a large enough meal vs stuffing self?

thanks for the words :))

wolfgang

Archived