Jamba Juice all fruit smoothie??

Di_ruiz

Okay so first of all I know that smoothies are not recommended but..... I ran a 1/2 marathon & later my daughter wanted me to go to the mall with her. I had eaten lunch after my race but needed something at the mall. I got an all fruit smoothie. They swore to me that there is nothing in it but fruit & ice. I am a bit freaked out. I am a total rule follower so someone please help me out. I am on day 27.

• Moderators

An all fruit smoothie is a huge dose of sugar. Please don't confuse eating food with consuming a huge dose of sugar. Did you have a post-workout meal after your 1/2 marathon? You needed lean protein and starchy veggies. Soon after, you needed a full meal. If you combined the two into lunch, you short-changed yourself. 

What you did was Whole30-compliant AND a bad idea. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to worked at Jamba Juice and it should be noted that unless you asked for only fresh squeezed OJ and/or Carrot juice (or just water), all of their juices are from concentrate and contain a blend of different fruit juices. They're as far away from juice as you can get and still call it juice.  The same goes for the vegetable blends (unless fresh) and I'm fairly certain those do have added sugar.

I hope this comes across as empathetic (and not finger waggy) but based on personal experience I've found myself away from home and hungry enough times to know that I must have compliant snacks with me at all times. I feel like on Whole30 my body processes food much more efficiently and for whatever reason hunger seems to strike me abruptly. My fave "go to" snack pack is an apple, a package of Epic Bites Bison Jerky, and a small serving of cashews. This combo has gotten me through to the next compliant meal several times when my errands or outings have taken longer than I anticipated. I know snacking is not "recommended" but life is in session and especially with kids, sports, etc. I'd rather snack than blow it any day.

Archived