Your Favorite Spices for Mayo?

Xandra

I used to put crushed smoked garlic cloves in mine back in the day when I could still eat garlic.....

Nowadays I use freshly ground black pepper, paprika, cayenne, or sometimes garam masala.

It just depends on my mood.

• Moderators

I used to put crushed smoked garlic cloves in mine back in the day when I could still eat garlic.....

Nowadays I use freshly ground black pepper, paprika, cayenne, or sometimes garam masala.

It just depends on my mood.

oooh, smoked paprika would be goooood!

• Moderators

Roasted garlic is amazing ! I made some as a dip for some bacon-wrapped potatoes at a party and made it with a whole head of roasted garlic (roast it whole, and just squeeze the garlic out once it's cooled down)  and some fresh rosemary and salt, it was a little runny, I assume because of the garlic, but it was so good.

I've used curry powder before. Penzey's Sunny Paris is nice too. Prepared mustard instead of dry. Just try whatever sounds good. I don't know that I've ever had one that was really awful, though some I've liked better than others.

• Moderators

Roasted garlic is amazing ! I made some as a dip for some bacon-wrapped potatoes at a party and made it with a whole head of roasted garlic (roast it whole, and just squeeze the garlic out once it's cooled down)  and some fresh rosemary and salt, it was a little runny, I assume because of the garlic, but it was so good.

I've used curry powder before. Penzey's Sunny Paris is nice too. Prepared mustard instead of dry. Just try whatever sounds good. I don't know that I've ever had one that was really awful, though some I've liked better than others.

Sunny Paris is AMAZING! I also love Mural of Flavor by Penzeys.  Usually I put it in with the chicken salad as a seasoning but I never thought to make a whole batch of mayo like that... yum!

Archived