Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome DarDar!

I'm sooooo excited too! Just the rest of this week to go before we get started! Are you ready? !?

So ready! I've cleared out my entire kitchen of everything not Whole30. Even got my mom involved and she's going to come over Sunday to help me meal prep - makes it more fun :)

Hi Nickiechan!

Wow you lost 33lbs!!!!! That's amazing! So glad you'll be joining us! That'll help us first-timers out! Good luck on your second round!

Thank you! Yes I am amazed myself. 

One issue that I'm worried about is...

1. We have an overnight babysitter next weekend and we are invited to go out with friends to a local pub. I'm excited and offered to be DD, but we are doing dinner. So I need to figure out what I'm going to be able to eat. 

2. My daughter's 2nd birthday party. I'm going to have some Whole30 friendly items and will be sticking with those. 

I did start a blog back in May and I'm embarrassed by the amount of times I 'reset'. http://whole30nickie.blogspot.com/

This blog post sums it up nicely. http://whole30.com/2015/02/second-whole30/

Hey guys!  I'm also starting on Monday and this will be my first time doing w30.  I first learned about the program last summer and tried to follow it 80/20 just to get in better shape and lose some weight.  I felt SO much better but completely got off track during the holidays, and haven't been able to get back since.  I'm looking forward to fully committing this time so I can really get all of the benefits!  Sugar cravings are going to be the hardest thing for me!! Looking forward to sharing the experience with y'all :)

Is cholesterol any issue for any of you? High cholesterol runs in my family and I'm concerned about the use of coconut oil, ghee, and eggs. I know they say that these are good fats but I'm having a hard time grasping this concept. Did any of you who have done a whole30 have high cholesterol before you started and did the whole30 help reduce it?

One of my biggest fears..... I CANT COOK!!   LOL   Staying on track is a fear for me simply because I don't know the difference between diced/chopped and minced! Getting my hands dirty in the kitchen is not something I grew up doing. Starting that aspect is terrifying!

My go-to for recipes is always Mel Joulwan (Well Fed). From simple "hot plates" http://meljoulwan.com/2014/01/04/whole30-2014-week-2-food-plan/ to dinner party dishes, she's got you covered. Almost all of her recipes are Whole30 compliant, so it makes it really easy (I'm not much good at adapting recipes).

1. We have an overnight babysitter next weekend and we are invited to go out with friends to a local pub. I'm excited and offered to be DD, but we are doing dinner. So I need to figure out what I'm going to be able to eat. 

It really helps to call ahead and give them a list of foods you can eat and what you can't eat. Winging it on the day can sometimes result in mistakes, if it's a bit rushed. Make sure you ask rather than just read the menu as they don't list ingredients on menus. Doing it ahead of time means you don't need to ask so many questions at the table :)

Is cholesterol any issue for any of you? High cholesterol runs in my family and I'm concerned about the use of coconut oil, ghee, and eggs. I know they say that these are good fats but I'm having a hard time grasping this concept. Did any of you who have done a whole30 have high cholesterol before you started and did the whole30 help reduce it?

Moderator Tom has posted a lot of great stuff about cholesterol, I recommend searching the forums!

Hi all, I too will start on the 15th.  This is my first time through and I am looking forward to cleaning up my meals; they aren't that bad but I sure have room to improve and want to drop the winter weight-gain!  Looking forward to this with you all :)

I am starting on the 15th as well! Are any of you on Twitter? 

I'm not on Twitter, but I did create an instagram account to keep myself motivated.  It's eiltif5102 if anyone else is using instagram and wants to connect on there.  There are a lot of great whole30 accounts to follow

Hi everyone,

You have all inspired me to start on Feb. 15 too! I picked this date last week, but with boxes of my daughter's Girl Scout cookies sitting on my dresser waiting to be sold, I considered waiting longer to start. Until I read your posts! I'm hoping that with a group to help me I can resist the temptations. I can't wait to start feeling better!

My name is Tonya, and I have two children 13 and 9. I've been lucky and have not had much trouble with weight gain in my 48 years -- until these last two years. I guess my metabolism just suddenly slowed down, and I can't really eat the way I always have. I've been trying to cut down on portion size, but it isn't enough. I'm also a lot more tired and I don't feel very healthy. So I'm ready to try Whole 30.

Gotta make a list and go the the grocery store this weekend. Not much time to plan. I think I'm going to sign up for the Whole 30 Daily too.

Looking forward to feeling better!  :)

HELP! Does anyone have any good recipes that don't require an oven and aren't seafood related? My oven was just red tagged by the Gas Company and my landlord is installing a new one on Monday, but I need to meal prep on Sunday.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi, all. I'm planning to start my second Whole30 on February 15th, as well. Initially I had intended to start on January 2nd, but when I started doing some research, I learned that the second Whole30 is the one that most people find most difficult, and since I had a couple of multi-day social functions, opted to delay. DH and I have plans to go out for dinner on Valentines Day, so I decided the day after would be a good time to start. My breakfasts and lunches are still pretty compliant (well, except for the sugar-cured bacon - Paleo bacon is pricey!), so it's mainly dinner that I have to think about. I didn't lose any weight on my first Whole30, but think that is due to some health problems. I'm in peri-menopause, and in Spring 2015 the hot flashes where non-stop. However, within a few days of starting my Whole30 on June 1, 2015, they stopped completely. One thing I wasn't careful about that I intend to do differently this time is reintroductions. I'm hoping to discover specifically the items that cause any type of reaction for me. Anyway - nice to meet all of you. Looking forward to getting started on Monday! :-)

HELP! Does anyone have any good recipes that don't require an oven and aren't seafood related? My oven was just red tagged by the Gas Company and my landlord is installing a new one on Monday, but I need to meal prep on Sunday.

I would suggest checking out Nom Nom Paleo for ideas. She has some good ones that are compliant. On my first Whole30 I made her Kalua Pork in a crock-pot. It was fantastic, and has made it into our meal rotation.

Jen,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences for you and your family.

I hope this time the whole30 will work for you as well as the rest of us! I'm excited, nervous, anxious about trying out for the first time! Hopefully we'll help each other out and the 30 days will breeze by!

Good luck and welcome Jen!

Thanks :) Its been a rough start to 2016! But I'm really excited about getting through this whole 30. X

Google "whole 30 no oven" and you will find loads :)

I made a great chicken salad the other day from nomnom paleo it had an almond butter dressing. She has great, easy recipies and most are while 30 or can easily be adjusted. Good luck!

Archived