Invited to a catered party - HELP. (Day 23)

ambnille07

We received free invitations to a Mardi Gras ball fundraiser for our son's school. It will be a catered event from several popular restaurants in the area. I will have no way to order special food since it will all more than likely be prepared off-site. Should I take my chances and try to find something compliant?

• Moderators

Agreed. I would eat before I went and then I'm sure you can find something like veggies or maybe prawns without the cocktail sauce etc...

You could probably phone up one or two of the restaurants and ask them what they're making for the event... if you were so inclined....

My crockpot chili I had cooking while I work ended up overcooking (CHARRING), so I tried to force as much as I could stomach down before we left.

The veggie selection was pico de gallo and nothing else. They did have a whole smoked/roasted hog, so I was able to have some pulled pork from that. Also found some chicken from a taco bar and some non-battered wings. There's a good possibility some of it was cooked in noncompliant oil, but I didn't taste any sugar in anything.

So - what's the verdict? Does this call for a restart or should I keep going as is?

You did great! You gave yourself no excuses to eat off plan, tried your best to eat compliant food, and didn't knowingly ingest anything that would disrupt your gut. I'll be surprised if anyone suggests you restart. Congratulations for a great night out!

Archived