Vomiting after gluten free grain day?

Dancincrazy141

Hi! I decided to reintroduce gluten free grains today. Skipped alcohol and legumes in the reintro schedule because I don't miss them and could go indefinitely without eating them again. Had some gf oatmeal for breakfast, sushi with white rice for lunch (no soy sauce) and a sprouted flax seed bar, and some gluten free crackers after dinner. I felt fine all day, but woke up in the middle of the night nauseous and with a stomachache and threw up. This morning I just feel "off". Low energy like I have some kind of bug. Do you think this could be related to the grains? Or just me catching some sort of stomach flu thing cooincidentally? I expected maybe some bloating or cravings but nothing like this....

It IS possible that you might have picked up a bug or a virus.  But it is possible that this is the reaction that you might be getting from GFG.  I know I personally react much more severely from GFG than actual Gluten grains.

Eat whole 30 style - eat foods that you digest well and are easy on your stomach until you feel better.  You might want to re-intro GFG one at a time next time - to see if you get a similar reaction from one of them.

Archived