Tigers and Turtles - 2016

Crimsann

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Nancy. It isn't the food but not seeming to get anywhere that is the problem. I think I have gained weight as well and that is about doing my head in completely. How can I do everything according to the script and still get it wrong????? Perhaps there is something that is not conducive to me, but I have no idea what it might be.

Tomorrow is another day. Thanks.

Crimsann - I like to meal plan too just because I like to not have to think about what's for dinner all day long!  I have had some really good thrown together meals though when I wasn't prepared.  Are you on W30 this month?  I'm going to start W-something tomorrow since last night I had an awful reaction to something with a raging itchy rash, headache and fatigue today.  

Yup!  If you don't count me making muffins and "alfredo" sauce out of compliant ingredients...I haven't been off W30 since January 4, and don't plan to go off until April 1.  It won't be a full 90 or whatever, but my plan for 2016 was to spend at least 6 months out of the year eating nothing but compliant foods.  I didn't plan it based on specific number of days and I did allow for more flexibility in what I did with those foods since that feels like a good bridge back to "normal" life for me.  And I agree...for me, the meal plan isn't as much about rigidity but a lifesaver.  If I have meals planned out for the week and in my case usually made up...then my crazy schedule can't throw too much of a wrench into things.  It also means I know I have a decent amount of variety in my day and I won't need to try to fit in another grocery run if my evenings run late, etc. 

So...how did it work?  Well.  Not.  This is one of those examples where I could say, "Yay me!  I bought nothing that wasn't perfectly compliant" and only those paying super close attention would notice that another scenario that fits that statement is...I bought nothing at all.  LOL! 

I'm still battling this cold, and like misslindy, trying not to let it dim my faith.  I've said many times that I never get sick and this is the complete truth...so getting hit with a cold TWICE in less than a year and both times when I was on the program is really hard to explain away to the people who know me.  Sigh...  As always, I go back to my original argument when faced with this.  It's not like I believe that pasta and chocolate chip cookies would prevent me from getting a cold, or cure the one I have, but it does leave me wondering why I'm dealing with illness more rather than even less?! 

Needless to say, I wasn't much in the mood for any kind of shopping yesterday.  Even the hair appointment didn't really perk me up, so I ran into Target since I needed some things from there that weren't food related, grabbed some chicken and just made another crockpot of that with the butternut squash.  Same thing  had a couple of weeks ago, but that should get me through most of the week...especially as I won't really be able to taste it anyway.  Just a bad test run of the shopping without a list anyway though because I wasn't in the mood for any kind of browsing.  Without a list I'm more likely to forget things I need so I'm not sure this new freedom is really a longterm plan but I may give it another trial when I'm feeling better.

Fairy garden class is this Saturday and temps are heading up into the 70's most of this week so one thing and another I should be a perkier version of me by the weekend. 

misslindy, here's how I make my shepherd's pie:

Enough ground meat for 4-6 servings (I use beef or turkey breast)

Veggies! Last time I used half a head of red cabbage, a bunch of carrots, and an onion, but have also used cauliflower, sweet peppers, or whatever else you have on hand (When I used ground turkey, I tossed a bag of cranberries in the food processor and added it to the meat mixture--pretty tasty!)

6 oz. can of tomato paste

Seasonings of your choice

Brown the meat and veggies together, add the tomato paste, and an put in a 9x9 pan

Make mashed sweet potatoes or mix half and half with mashed cauliflower (I haven't tasted that one yet)

Spread on top of meat and bake at 350 for 45-ish minutes at 375. 

I've been making a double batch, baking it in a large lasagna pan, and cutting it into 16 pieces. Then I toss them in the freezer in individual pieces and grab on my way out the door. So easy.

Thanks for that Nancy. I will have to make a couple adjustments for AIP but will try it this weekend, should be good. I am also going to try grinding up liver to mix with the mince--have to get the offal in at every turn!

Good day today. Spent a few freezing minutes in the ocean--definitely getting to be winter here. Still the water was nice once the ice cubes stopped forming.

misslindy, here's how I make my shepherd's pie:

Enough ground meat for 4-6 servings (I use beef or turkey breast)

Veggies! Last time I used half a head of red cabbage, a bunch of carrots, and an onion, but have also used cauliflower, sweet peppers, or whatever else you have on hand (When I used ground turkey, I tossed a bag of cranberries in the food processor and added it to the meat mixture--pretty tasty!)

6 oz. can of tomato paste

Seasonings of your choice

Brown the meat and veggies together, add the tomato paste, and an put in a 9x9 pan

Make mashed sweet potatoes or mix half and half with mashed cauliflower (I haven't tasted that one yet)

Spread on top of meat and bake at 350 for 45-ish minutes at 375. 

I've been making a double batch, baking it in a large lasagna pan, and cutting it into 16 pieces. Then I toss them in the freezer in individual pieces and grab on my way out the door. So easy.

Had another look at this today and as cauliflower is one of my favourite things would love to make it with that. However our caulis are so expensive now-over $7 for one and there wasn't one single cauliflower that wasn't black or with spots--not tempted to eat that thanks very much. I may have to resort to frozen cauli for a bit. If I can get to the market this weekend they may have some nice ones.

Reasonably good day today, fine food-wise thus far and had a swim and a short walk so am doing some exercise. I need to drink more water and eat more variety I think. Am working on both those things.

It is so nice to be able to check in here and know that the journey is shared even though it is individual.  

I started on a new project today and that is much more settling for me so hopefully I can calm down and move through this anxiousness. I was about to exterminate a few people yesterday and came perilously close to creating havoc in a few areas of town. People were just not listening to what I was saying and I got absolutely furious, then I (this is quite a shameful embarrassing thing to have done) I was being deliberately obtuse because I assumed someone wanted me to move my car, when they could easily have gone around me, I ABSOLUTELY refused to move and ignored them. I was thinking all kinds of vile thoughts and then when I could no longer stall, decided to leave. The person I thought I was thwarting drove off without a glance at me. She had been texting or reading mail the entire time and wasn't even aware of me!!! Honestly. Here I was trying to be an absolute pain in the butt and I wasn't even noticed. I laughed all the way home. I should explain that normally I am suzy sunshine and don't go out of my way to hinder other people's aim, quite the contrary but yesterday I have no idea what got into me and I was being such a cow. Thank goodness that seems to have passed - at least for now.

Not sure what to do for M3 but won't be hard to figure something out, mostly it is my husband that is the problem. He is liking eating the W30 way though so has changed some of what he is doing--love it. He is having coconut yogurt and a piece of fruit for desert! Amazing and I don't have to bake cakes. Love it love it love it!

MissLindy I am still laughing.  Glad you were able to laugh about it too - could have become an extended moment of Kill All Things!

I've gone way off track - off, off, way off roading. :ph34r: The main things I think I need to avoid are gluten and dairy.  Have had too much dairy recently and I think that is the main cause of some significant intermittent fluid retention - right now I have some pretty impressive cankles :( When I first went gluten free it took me almost a year to finally come to terms with that and to stop eating it - I guess it's going to take a while for dairy too but hopefully not that long.  The odd thing is that after my first W30 my first dairy intro was yogurt - did it once a week for 3 weeks with resulting severe knee pain all three times.  However, since then I have not had yogurt but mostly accidental (at restaurant) butter, a bit of milk chocolate (doesn't even taste good any more!) and cheese.  I have had other symptoms from the dairy but not the knee pain.  I'm glad but not sure why - any ideas :wacko:

Tomorrow is Friday eve - Yay!  I work 1/2 days on Thursdays so it's like an "appetizer" to Friday.

I wanna Friday Eve!!! 

Not going to happen though.  Oh well, I do have next week's meal plan ready which is super ahead of the game for me and just in time for St. Patricks I seem to have gone all green out of nowhere.  I'm looking at a Thai Salmon/Kale chopped salad thing for lunches, and basic grilled burgers topped with grilled red onion and another green bean salad for dinners.  This new green bean salad has no mustard in it, but does call for dill which could be interesting.  It sounded more spring/summery than that last one and I may toss in just a bit of lemon or lemon zest.  In fact, my whole shopping list is bursting with flavor this week.  Lemongrass, fresh ginger, cilantro, dill...

It's interesting because this week I've been thinking, not about the next two months off, but about my summer Whole30.  How weird is that?  I feel like the longer stretch has really, really helped me turn a corner mentally.  Though admittedly this will be tested by the free period coming up.  There is a part of me that is considering upping the stakes again.  I feel like a summer Whole30 was easier, and it may be time to push myself a bit more on some of the other problem areas.  In September I did that yoga challenge and it felt great while I was doing it but didn't last much more than a day past September so thirty days wasn't a magic number for me on that.  90 days sounds like boot camp which is ludicrous because it's not that hard but....the idea is simmering. 

My comrades, brave ones...stumbling from time to time, losing hope momentarily...but always revisiting your deep internal strength and good humor...HOORAY for each and every one of us as we keep getting back up on the horse, over and over.

Oh, I too have stumbled and strayed. I have watched myself drink wine at night, and then lose sleep, and also get out of whack emotionally...and I ask WHY OH WHY???

I see how sugar sneaks back in....the main doorway being mild in my coffee, believe it or not....seems to be a straight line to a chocolate croissant, a cookie, a piece of great chocolate in the afternoon....gotta stop. STOP...STOP.

here in Virginia we are having a ridiculously early Spring....I hope it is just a preview and not the beginning of a LONG hot summer....but, anyway, it brings with it less inspiration for coffee drinks and more toward iced tea....more inspiration for las clothing...and thoughts of the beach....the promise of fresh local food....produce...HOORAY,

So, I am hoping to shake off the darkness and coldness of winter and open myself to the great new beginning of Spring...not starting all over again, but picking up where I left off....now a bit wiser than before...now moving on o th next level.

C'mon, let's go!!

Miss Lindy....every now and then, our "better angels" just take a nap and the little devil inside just needs to speak up. I am actually not surprised by what you said...well, a little, since I would have doubted you had such behavior in you...BUT, with the discouragement you have been feeling, I am not surprised that frustration gave birth to such an event.

I know, however, you are indomitable, and will be back on the trail VERY SOON, soaking up the scenery and loving it all.

I still have a few stray tears in my eyes after reading this, so I just had to share.  You know I've been revamping my wardrobe a bit and trying to stick to strictly professional things but I've strayed ladies, I have strayed....onto the rocky shores of....swimsuits.

Normally that is an ocean I would stay far, far, away from but we have plans this year to take my two nieces to the beach for their first time and while it's not until much later this summer something caught my eye.  The fact that it's technically a bikini might also be why I'm suddenly so keen on doing yoga all summer.  Eeep! 

But while I feel this one is may be on the edge of doable, I was having trouble figuring out the sizing.  It's from Urban Outfitters, not some place I usually shop, and it turns out they only list sizes as S, M, L and I was trying to find some kind of good conversion on what that actually meant because we all know they vary and I'm already a bit confused about my size...and I can't currently measure.  LOL!  So as all good techies will, I asked Google...and one of the first search results was this letter to UO from an "XL" girl. 

Cue the tears of laughter...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/lauren-bravo/urban-outfitters-sizing_b_1160096.html

Merg - I've been thinking the same thing as you about hoping this is not the beginning of a lot of heat/humidity.  Doesn't help that right now, since stopping estrogen in an effort to save me from severe dry eyes, I only have two temperatures - hot and then freezing.  The thought of summer is not encouraging!  On other matters, I know that I just need to get out of my own way in order to make the changes that I want to make.

Loved the letter from XL girl!!!      It has been a LONG time since I have shopped for a bathing suit - I just keep wearing the plain black one-piece that I've had forever - or just avoid having to wear one altogether.  Good luck to you Crimsann and be sure to let us know how it turns out.

I have had a nasty cold this week so haven't been into much of a healthy mode - did fix spaghetti squash with a tomato sauce and italian sausage that was very good.  I was extremely surprised by how filling it was.  We have had it 2 nights for dinner and still have a bunch - hubby probably won't eat it again so I'll either have to eat it several more times (which I don't mind) or maybe freeze it - don't know if it will freeze well or not.  Hoping to feel good enough tomorrow to do some work in yard - if not will just curl up and catch up on some reading.  I'll be happy either way :)

I would have loved some of that spaghetti squash this week...it's one thing I'm pretty sure I would really like that I have yet to actually make.  I need to put that on next week's meal plan in INK.  Any recipe you used you can link or general tips?  I know it's pretty common, I had heard about doing that before Whole30, but have just never made an attempt. 

I did finally find that almond flour pasta I was trying to locate, luckily it was in the freezer section (also why I hadn't found it sooner, sort of never dawned on me to look there!) so it will keep until March is over since I'm back on tighter rules.  Maybe I can use up the jar of pasta sauce though by trying it out over spaghetti squash instead.  I will definitely report in on the pasta once I try it though, it's actually compliant ingredient wise, just not compliant intention wise. 

Tomorrow is the fairy garden class, so excited about that but so not ready.  My own fault.  I took on a "commission" to make a diaper cake at the last minute for a work shower they are doing over the weekend and it ate up every available minute this week.   Mostly because I'm too fussy.  It's always harder to do one when I don't know the person, they don't know the gender of the baby, they have no theme or colors....and this gal hit all three of those!  I finally ended up doing a "Night" theme since it's from the night shift girls, onesie and hat set with the "I love you to the moon and back", a blanket with stars, bubble bath and lotion in a "sleepy time" scent, a book of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", etc.  I still didn't like it as of yesterday though, I think I tried to stay so plain and neutral that it ended up colorless and I was running out at lunch again trying to find something, anything, that would brighten it up.  I finally hit on the idea on the drive home last night, a paper crescent moon and a strand of hand sewn glitter paper stars onto a silver string garland to drape around it.  It really made all the difference in the world, but I was up half the night stringing the stupid stars.  LOL! 

Now I'm wiped out and need to clean up downstairs and try to find my garden container, I should do it now but it's going to have to wait until morning.  Just waiting on the old chicken sausage to crisp up a bit and then will probably fall asleep eating it. 

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow bpaitsel, that cold business was miserable.  I think today is the first day now I feel back to normal myself. 

Crimsann - the cake sounded beautiful!.  With you not eating cake I hope it was very appreciated - I could not have done that :blink: With the spaghetti squash I just cut it in half (that was a workout! especially since I was feeling puny anyway), drizzled with EVOO, added S&P and put cut side down on baking sheet and baked on 350 for about 40-45 minutes.  Let it cool and "shredded" it with a fork. Cooked italian sausage with onions and garlic, added jar of spaghetti sauce and let simmer down a bit and then added the squash in it.  A couple of weeks ago I cooked one and then just heated coconut oil in skillet and put in little piles of the squash to make "fritters".  Sauteed until browned and a little crispy.  They were very good - even hubs liked them which was a miracle.

I worked outside for about 3 hours this morning in yard  -  weather so nice I just had to  - now I am totally fatigued since not over crappy cold yet but I think it is better than yesterday.  Time for a cup of coffee I think!

Hmmm, I thought I posted  before, but don't see anything. Probably got distracted and moved on to something else. 

I'm really having trouble trying to get back to the counting food thing. I don't want to anymore! It's so nice not having to do that. So I'm not sure where that leaves me now. I might have to do a WholeForever!  :blink: I'm tired of having to give so much mental energy to this. I've been having food issues for well over 40 years now. I want to be done! I think I might need to do a W90, but my calendar is crammed with all kinds of things that aren't compatible with that. Maybe an extended run in the fall... I don't know. I just feel the frustration growing. 

On the upside, I've gotten a couple of things to wear for walking outside, so I'm hoping to get some of that in (although it looks like rain for the better part of the upcoming week. Gym time? I really have to work on that. I feel like I've been making excuses for that for a very long time now.

Swimsuits. Lands End. Good quality stuff, a bit pricey but worth it, and you get to try it on in your own home. I don't do much swimming, but I like to have a good suit and that's where I get them. 

Heading to bed early tonight to try to make tomorrow a bit easier.  :wacko:

Morning

I have been struggling here for the past couple of weeks and decided I need to get serious so am back on strict W30 (AIP version) from today. Am off to have breakfast and then heading into town to shop for back up foods.

One of the advantages where we live is that there is no transport other than our own, no shops so can't go to the corner store and have to make the effort to get in the car and go to town to buy anything. With W30 there is limited stuff in this house to use to go off the rails so I have been quite inventive in my search for off-roading foods and it really has to stop. Even in a virtually junk free house I have found things to eat to sabotage all I am doing. Time to stop.

Day 1 has begun.

Happy Monday!  Nancy, I was wondering how you were doing.  I had planned on tracking macros, then cut it down to carbs for simplicity but I too really don't want to count anything - and I have the same frustrations you do with not wanting to have to put so much energy into eating for crying out loud.  Thank  you for opening that can of worms by putting it out there.  However, I want to lose the extra weight . . . sooooo what to do?  I guess that's where the simplicity of W30 eating is supposed to come in . . . except it is not always so simple is it?  I have a tendency to always over-think everything anyway so I am trying to stop that with my food.  How about if you don't try to wait for the "perfect" time to do a W30 or W90 or W-whatever but just start with one meal, one day, one week at a time.  Eat according to the template keeping the food simple.  When an occasion arises, maybe you off-road a bit but the next meal back to whole food.  I find that if I batch cook breakfast and lunch then I only have to really concentrate on dinner each day - that is what works for me but maybe a different approach will work for you.  I hope you can find your way so that it is not so frustrating but is liberating.

MissLiindy-way to go :D

I overuse this phrase a lot but I think we all just need to get out of our own way.  

Happy Monday!  Nancy, I was wondering how you were doing.  I had planned on tracking macros, then cut it down to carbs for simplicity but I too really don't want to count anything - and I have the same frustrations you do with not wanting to have to put so much energy into eating for crying out loud.  Thank  you for opening that can of worms by putting it out there.  However, I want to lose the extra weight . . . sooooo what to do?  I guess that's where the simplicity of W30 eating is supposed to come in . . . except it is not always so simple is it?  I have a tendency to always over-think everything anyway so I am trying to stop that with my food.  How about if you don't try to wait for the "perfect" time to do a W30 or W90 or W-whatever but just start with one meal, one day, one week at a time.  Eat according to the template keeping the food simple.  When an occasion arises, maybe you off-road a bit but the next meal back to whole food.  I find that if I batch cook breakfast and lunch then I only have to really concentrate on dinner each day - that is what works for me but maybe a different approach will work for you.  I hope you can find your way so that it is not so frustrating but is liberating.

I overuse this phrase a lot but I think we all just need to get out of our own way.  

bpaitseI, I do the same thing you do, batch cook breakfasts and lunches, and then I do salad or meat & veggies for dinner. It's just all the "extracurriculars" that I throw in that are causing me problems. I have tried to limit the times I eat "off-road" but I have trouble with the "get back to whole food" part after that. That's been a long-standing issue with me, but I'll keep working at it. The only reason I'm considering putting of a W30 right now is the amount of stuff going on in my left between now and the first weekend in April. My all-or-nothing thinking makes it hard to go between being off of one and on one. <sigh> Speaking of getting out of our own way...  :blink:

misslindy, good for you!!

I laughed out loud at this: just need to get out of our own way. And I agree. I was telling someone the other day that is how I write--just move over and let the story unfold. Perhaps I should expand that theme.

bpaitseI, I do the same thing you do, batch cook breakfasts and lunches, and then I do salad or meat & veggies for dinner. It's just all the "extracurriculars" that I throw in that are causing me problems. I have tried to limit the times I eat "off-road" but I have trouble with the "get back to whole food" part after that. That's been a long-standing issue with me, but I'll keep working at it. The only reason I'm considering putting of a W30 right now is the amount of stuff going on in my left between now and the first weekend in April. My all-or-nothing thinking makes it hard to go between being off of one and on one. <sigh> Speaking of getting out of our own way...  :blink:

misslindy, good for you!!

Thank, Nancy. I have almost made it through the entire day so am hopeful I can as bpaitsel says, 'get out of my own way'

I couldn't begin to do all the finagling you do with counting, would drive me even battier. I love making batches of breakfast and have been buying prepared fresh salades for lunch and just add fish etc. Trying to keep things simple. L 

I can totally understand all the frustration with counting.  I remember once posting in another forum for a counting type app that I can't wait for the day when our smartphones come equipped with a tiny probe that just zips out and scans over our plate and calculates exactly the nutritional content of what we are about to consume.  Maybe mine can come with some alarm bells when I am about to eat a zillion chocolate units and loudly announce that I must add 60 units of kale to balance this.  LOL! 

My problem with counting is, while I'm also in love with numbers and charts and seeing "progress" tracked, I'm simply not honest enough.  Depending on the day I can look at a medium sized potato and call it "super-large so I've totally met my caloric needs" or "barely a bite and I totally still have points for ice cream".  Neither scenario help weight loss though.  It's aaaaahhhmazing how many days I exactly hit my goal, neat and tidy, and was probably way out in orbit.  And the healthier you eat, in other words the more whole foods you cook yourself, the harder it is to track accurately.  I would get to the point where I threw my hands up and said, "okay, how may Cherry Pop-Tarts can I fit in my points...cause at least I think I know how many calories/fat/carbs they contain"  And never mind that's just trusting their packaging to be even as honest as me.  At the point eating all toaster pasteries started to sound like the only logical way to continue...I must stop. 

I think it pretty much was my breakthrough when I realized that while W30 is kind of hard, it's also kind of easy and while I do try to think through my meals ahead and make sure it's not eggs all day or haven't had a green thing in weeks...I'm at a point now where I know what goes in my cart and what doesn't and that's about all the thought I have to give it.  I know exactly what will happen when I start putting other things in my cart.  ::spoiler alert::  I will eat them and probably sooner rather than later and definitely instead of spinach.  This is why the plan I'm working on for myself for April/May involves not putting anything that isn't compliant in my cart.  I may eat out on occasion, or pick up a latte, I may even bake something (thinking birthday cake which I plan to bake myself and it shall be massive or at least really pretty), but when I do my weekly shopping I'm still limiting myself to compliant ingredients only.  With my schedule, if it isn't in "stock" at home I can't trip over it.  I'm also making a strict no fast food rule for these months.  I have done that before, in fact a few years ago I did an entire year with none as my New Year Resolution.  I know I can do without that even if it is super easy on those late nights and I know it often leads to more bad decisions.  I think I've come up with something that will eliminate the gaping holes ahead of me, which doesn't mean I will sail through it smoothly, but I wanted to identify some steps I could take to keep close to the path while my mind was still clear.  And knowing that I have another three-month stint coming up and that beach trip, I don't want to end up taking too many steps backwards in between!

Everyone else signed up for the W30 emails?  Not the 31 days of encouragement, but the Wholesome thing that comes out occasionally?  There was one today where they talked about doing a W10 or W14 which I thought was interesting.  It wouldn't be as good for doing a reset when that's needed, but if you could fit in one W14 a month...you are still on 50% of the time.  Something like that would keep my shopping easy too.  I'm not sure I could ever do the day-to-day or meal-to-meal, not enough structure for me because it sounds like I could reintro the next day or the next meal and I would take that as license to do just that.  I might like the 14-day plan every month for next year.  Since I could flex those weeks around between early and late in the month I could accomodate a few special occasions and still be on the plan as much as off the plan, but without doing the long slog.  It's a thought, plenty of 2016 left to decide though.

Anyway, everyone take a deeeeep breath.  The (dreaded) swimsuit try-on will probably be tonight as it looks to be out for delivery today.  Trying to remind myself, it doesn't have to look fab today.  But also, no sense in keeping it if it doesn't mostly fit no matter how cute it is!    

Nancy I hear ya - those "extracurriculars" will get us every time.  I saw an interesting link http://whole30.com/2012/01/the-five-stages-of-food-grief/(I'm not very technically inclined so I don't know how to link to it) but it was an interesting article.

Crimsann - I like your idea of nothing in the basket.  And as far as counting things ....  several months ago I decided to track on Fitness Pal.  Every day it said something like "at this rate you will lose x number of pounds by whatever day."  Only problem .... I was steadily gaining weight :o  :angry: Was it my math or theirs?!?   How was the bathing suit session?

Confession:  I don't usually have a problem with treats that are brought in to work because usually has gluten.  However, yesterday a patient brought us each a peanut butter egg.   Now granted I am trying to "moderate" dairy but I do love pnb and chocolate - that egg didn't stand a chance :ph34r:

Hmmm, the shopping cart idea may be a good way to regulate when to eat W30 and when to allow off-roading. It's a clear cut line, no question where that line is for the most part. (See what I did there, just gave myself permission to move that line. D'oh! :angry: ) Seriously though, that could work really well for me.

Crimsann, you're right about kind of hard but also kind of easy. And I think the "easy" part wins!

bpaitsel, that egg wouldn't have had a chance with me either!! And you are technically inclined enough that the link worked just fine.

I belong to a W30 recipe group on Facebook, and found someone in the group who had been in an online WW group with me years ago. She's had great success doing W30 a couple of times and sticking to paleo the rest of the time. I could see by her FB pic that she looks better than she has in a long time. It was very motivating to me!

Archived