bulking

loobylifts

Hey guys, 

I'm thinking about doing a second whole30. 

I'm big into weight lifting and i'm currently bulking, trying to put on some size and muscle. I have browsed the forums and know that I have to eat to the upper end of the template, lots of starches etc to gain weight, but I did this on my last round and still didn't put the weight on...i'm scared if I start a second whole30 that i'll lose weight or plateu, run out of energy, any of those things. I literally ate until I could have burst last time around - so many sweet potatoes and other squashes/tubers, but still nothing. 

Anyone got any other tips for how I could put weight on for sure? I also want to keep my body fat as low as possible if that makes any difference. Too many bowls of oats over winter have stolen my abs and I want them back ;) 

Thanks! 

• Moderators

Muscle gain also requires the right balance of nutrients (serious deficiencies result in muscle mass loss).

If you have any hidden deficiencies or ratio imbalances, these could be limiting your results.

Magnesium is needed for muscle relaxation, half of the zinc in your body is located in your muscle, stuff like vitamin c is needed for muscle repair and growth.

Archived