My intro

Ohio Chris

Hello, Chris from Athens Ohio here.......I recently learned about the Whole30 program from my wife who has a friend currently on the program. I just turned 50 last week, and am ready to make a change in my diet and eating habits. As a business owner working 60-plus hours every week for the past 2.5 years, I find myself neglecting my body and my mind. It's hard for me to take the time to eat correctly and exercise....as a "High C off the charts" personality type, I found myself drawn to this program with its very clear rules and guidelines......as an Irish Catholic, the timing is perfect with Lent starting this week. Today is Super Bowl Sunday, so tomorrow I start...........I'm in.

Chris

• Moderators

Hey Chris!

Welcome!

There's a Whole30 - Lent group here http://forum.whole30.com/topic/33300-wholelent-2016-starting-february-10th/that you might want to join!

Also, just a small piece of advice... altho it's Super Bowl, you may want to thoughtfully consider what you eat today because the worse you eat in the day(s) leading up to your Whole30, the worse you'll feel in the first few days... I'm almost positive you don't want to start your Whole30 journey with a massive food/booze hangover... ;)

Day 3.....doing ok, just getting used to the changes. Last evening was fairly rough, but it seems that it was related to a tough day at work, and I'd usually unwind/relax with some type of pasta dish and a libation. I find myself thinking about what I'm going to eat now, and that's different. Also seems like I'm in the bathroom a little more frequently than before ...:(.

So far, I'm doing ok

Day 25..... It's getting easier, but I'm running into the "food boredom" I read about. Funny, I've had scrambled eggs and sausage every morning for breakfast, a rib eye steak for lunch and various dinners. I can't believe I'd say this, but I'm really tired of eating steak!

Archived