*feeling tired and stressed

-An organic sweet potato baked in coconut oil, cinnamon and Himalayan pink salt

-A can of tuna with homemade mayo

-Greek olives

-A clementine

-A Wegman's lime mint seltzer water

10:00 PM

*feeling hungry, tired, headache

-A chicken breast fried in coconut/olive oil mix rubbed in garlic and lemon juice and topped with homemade mayo

-Fried peppers and onions in coconut oil

-1/4 butternut squash baked in coconut oil and cinnamon

-2 clementines

-A Wegman's lime mint seltzer

2:00 AM

*sleep

Today I had a really relaxing day.  I slept in, maybe a little too much and definitely ate a lot.  It was nice and sunny and although the coffee hit me hard, I was able to stay focused for the most part.  I definitely have been sleeping much better lately.  My goals for the remaining two weeks are to eat more thoughtfully, exercise 3x a week, ween myself off of caffeine and get more creative with meals.  I am glad that I waited a while into this diet to start working out more because it gave me time to adapt to the diet first.  I'm excited to begin the next half of my first Whole30 with all of the knowledge and experience that I've gained.

~Mandy

Day 16-Meh.

*Went to bed at 1:00 am

11:00 AM

*feeling rested

-Coffee (black)

-Sips of Vico coconut water

-3 eggs fried in coconut oil with:

-Himalayan pink salt

-Spinach

-Tomato

-Poblano pepper

-1/2 butternut squash baked in coconut oil and cinnamon

1:00 PM

*feeling stressed

-1/2 butternut squash baked in coconut oil and cinnamon

3:30 PM

*feeling stressed

-A clementine

4:30 PM

*feeling stressed

*EXERCISE-30 squats, 20+20 push ups, 20+20 extended crunches, 4+4 pull ups

6:30 PM

*feeling good

-A half of an organic chicken breast (leftover) fried in coconut oil and olive oil, garlic, lemon and homemade mayo

7:00-9:00 PM

*feeling good

-2 waters with lime

11:30 PM

*feeling hungry

-Greek olives

-A banana

-5 Brussels sprouts with coconut oil and Himalayan pink salt

-A clementine

12:30 AM

*sleep

Today was really stressful.  Towards the end of my day I was able to turn it around and have some fun with friends but for the most part, I was not too productive.  It was grey and rainy all day which made me sleepy.  The bike ride I went on on Monday was my first of the year so that also made me tired and sore.  I have been spending most of my time in the kitchen lately.  On one hand, I love love love cooking, but on the other hand, I worry that spending all of this time with food is making me eat too much, too frequently.  I'd like to get to a point where I can have pre-made meals ready so that I can focus on more important things.  I was very emotional today also.  Anyway, I made my own mayo a few days ago and I love it.  It's great to use in a pinch and tastes really good.  I want to start making guacamole when I can find a good deal on avocados.  They seem so expensive around here.  I need to find more fats to incorporate into my regime because I'm getting tired of just using olives to supplement.  Nuts are a 'food with no brakes' for me and pistachios are super expensive.  I am also discovering that I can't buy bananas by the bunch either because I eat too many in one day.   I would like to start setting a time that I can't eat past before bed as well.  I think it will be 2 hours before bed time.  I need to start focusing on the positive things.  Even in these posts, I feel that I am too negative.  I'm learning so much about myself these days  :P 

~Mandy

Day 17        .      .

_____

*Went to bed at 1:00 am

*feeling energized

-Coffee (black)

-3 eggs fried in coconut oil with:

-Sea salt

-Spinach

-Tomato

-Poblano pepper

-A banana

-A Polar vanilla seltzer water (throughout the day)

12:00 PM

*feeling too caffeinated 

-A cup of Yogi raspberry passion perfect energy tea

-2 hard-boiled eggs with homemade mayo

-A banana

4:00 PM

*feeling stressed and hyper

-A banana

-Greek olives

-A Pellegrino mineral water with lemon throughout the evening

-Soup with: organic ground turkey, organic turkey bone broth, organic carrots, organic peppers and onions, Himalayan pink salt, apple cider vinegar, lemon,      smoked paprika, chipoltle pepper flakes, garlic powder, coconut oil

-2 bananas

7:00 PM

*feeling stressed

-More soup ^

-Brussels sprouts in coconut oil and Himalayan pink salt

-2 bananas

1:00 AM

*sleep

Today was crazy.  Mother nature sent me a gift which heightened my appetite immensely.  I was eating without brakes all day.  Just kept piling it in.  No sense of time or portions  :lol: It's ok, I don't think it was that bad.  I feel like whenever I buy groceries, they're super expensive and gone in a few days.  I need to do some serious meal planning, but I'm so goddamn lazy.  At least I'm honest.  I will be cutting back on caffine in the next few days and weening myself off of caffeinated coffee soon.  It just doesn't do me any good.  It makes me wayyy too hyper.  It seriously poured all day here.  The weather has been sucking lately and I want to take another bike ride soon.  I was so lazy today.  I didn't even make it to the gym.  Oh well, I feel a productive day coming on tomorrow.  I definitely have clearer skin.  I was unsure if it was just in my head, but now I know it didn't look like this when I started.  The lines are diminishing as well.  Hallelujah!  Wow, I spelled that right on the first shot.  Yup, it's gonna be a good day tomorrow.  I'mmm gonna go..

~Mandy

Day 18-Contentedness

9:00 AM
*feeling unrested, productive, good
-Coffee (black, 1/2 caff.)

10:00 AM
*feeling too caffeinated 
-Coffee (black, decaf.)
-2 eggs poached with brussel sprouts, coconut oil and Himalayan pink salt
-A Pellegrino with fresh squeezed organic lemon throughout the day

*feeling stressed and hyper
-A hard-boiled egg
-Juice from a tangerine

12:30 PM
*feeling empty
 -A hard-boiled egg
-Greek olives
-A bowl of leftover turkey soup (see above posts for ingredients)

*stressed
-Organic kale chips in coconut oil and sea salt
-1/2 large spaghetti squash in coconut oil, sea salt and cinnamon
-1 egg

*stressed and sad
-Organic kale stems in coconut oil and sea salt
-Wegman's peppermint tea (decaf)

10:30 PM-12:00 AM 
*content
*EXERCISE-Gym-20 mins on the bike, arms, shoulders, chest, legs, elliptical for 20 mins
-Water

*sleep

Today I was really feeling down.  I started the day good, but it was still grey and rainy, I was running out of yummy foods and stress and sadness took over.  I had no motivation into the afternoon and evening and just kept eating stuff to feel better.  I couldn't drag myself to the store or the gym.  I couldn't even answer my texts.  I was just miserable...until around 9:00 pm, when I read this:  http://zenhabits.net/contented/
After reading this article I had found (while reading through my daily email), I felt so much better!  It made me feel content right where I was, how I was, with what I had.  Being content isn't about how much progress you make that day, or even about how much progress you've made with your life.  It's about deciding, in any given moment, to focus on the positive, instead of the negative.  Giving yourself some credit and feeling appreciative does wonders for your life.  I need to remember this every time I feel down.   I'm so glad I stumbled upon this article, because after I read it, I was able to get myself together, go to the gym and felt that much better!  Thank you Whole30 daily!

~Mandy

Day 19-BEST DAY EVER!

12:00 pm

*feeling good

-Coffee (black, 1/2 caff.)

-3 egg omelette fried in coconut oil with poblano peppers, fried eggplant slices, sea salt, Himalayan pink salt, smoked paprika, chipoltle pepper flakes, garlic powder, sesame oil and pepper

-Pellegrino water with fresh squeezed tangerine throughout the day

3:00 PM

*feeling good

-A cup of Wegman's English Breakfast tea (decaf)

5:00 PM

*feeling hungry

-1/2 large spaghetti squash baked in coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt

-A bowl of leftover turkey soup (see above posts for ingredients)

-Organic eggplant slices fried in coconut oil and sea salt

-A cup of coffee (black,1/2 caff.)

8:45 PM

*feeling hungry

-Organic eggplant slices fried in coconut oil and sea salt

-Organic ground turkey fried in coconut oil, sea salt, pepper, smoked paprika, chipoltle pepper flakes and garlic powder

-A glass of water

*sleep

Today was absolutely amazing!!  It was the best day I've had in a long time.  I was focused on being content and happy.  I had the perfect amount of energy all day.  I stayed positive and productive and I danced a lot!  HAHA!  I don't know if it was from the article (http://zenhabits.net/contented/) or the drop in caffeine, or just the gift of mother nature that I have been blessed with this week, but it was a great day.  Did you guys ever hear of the band Twenty One Pilots?  I'm obsessed and I watched them all day on YouTube and their music has so much energy and it makes me happy.  I highly recommend them to anyone.  I hope I can go and see them this summer!  Anyway, I always write these posts in the morning with my coffee and I am getting very, very hyper.  I ate good 'today' and have been feeling amazing.  I neeeed to go to the store.  I used up all of the food in my apartment except for 4 eggs haha!  I am honestly really tired of the food I've been buying so this time I am going to pick out a few meals I want to try and buy that stuff and then maybe some new foods as well.  I am also tired of coconut oil and sea salt.  Never thought I'd say that!  I need to make some new sauces or something.  I'm starting to feel a bit skinnier, working out more and I'm going to try running soon to see if it hurts my concussion at all.  Wish me luck!

(does anyone read these rambles?  I'd love some feedback and comments  :ph34r: )

~Mandy

Day 20-Break the cycle

10:30 AM

*feeling good, unrested

-Coffee (black)

-3 eggs scrambled and fried in coconut oil with sea salt, Mrs. Dash seasoning, diced potatoes and onions

-An apple

-A Wegman's cherry vanilla sparkling water

*feeling sluggish

-A cup of Yogi Raspberry Passion Perfect Energy tea

*feeling hungry

-A Wegman's cherry vanilla sparkling water

5:30 PM

*feeling starved

-A can of salmon with Mrs. Dash seasoning, olive oil, sea salt and coconut oil

-Baked sweet potato chips in coconut oil and Mrs. Dash seasoning

-An apple

-A few bites of veggies (carrot,broccoli,cauliflower)

-A Wegman's lemon sparkling water

-A cup of peppermint tea (decaf)

11:00 PM

*feeling bored

-2 sweet potatoes baked in coconut/olive oil and Mrs. Dash seasoning

12:00 AM

*sleep

Today started out good.  I was productive and happy.  My coffee intake is more on the weekends so I was super hyper (hence yesterdays post).  I think it's a bad idea to have caffeinated tea on the weekends because the coffee is enough to last me the day, even if I get sluggish.  Too much caffeine makes me stressed AF.  I need to find a way to stop declining in productivity/enthusiasm as the day goes on.  I think it's my weekend job that brings me down.  I don't think I'm gonna work there anymore.  I get headaches when I come home and it's just a drag.  Anyway, I need to let go of that feeling that I 'had a long day' and need to crash.  I need to look at it as hitting the reset button when I come home.  Lay down, unwind and then hit the button to get started again.  Otherwise, I don't do much other than eat my feelings and watch Netflix all evening lol.  Reset button!  Find contentment always!  Focus on the positive!  Being a chick sucks sometimes.  I can't really complain though.  SO...ever hear of Mrs. Dash seasoning?  New obsession.  Salt-free, herbal goodness.  She adds a ton of flavor to meals and I love her.  Try it!  I think I've been eating too much salt lately.  Just a notion.   I know some of these sentences aren't real sentences.  That shit irritates me.  haha!  But it's like, how we 'blog' and text today.  It's just more...real I guess.  Anyway, today I noticed that I have more of a peppy step lol.  (ew, i hate 'lol'...lol)  I don't feel as heavy and tired when I walk.  I feel more able-bodied.  Love ittttt!  This diet is great.  OMG  I learned the coolest idea today.  Its so simple but it hit home.  Ready?  Ready for this amazing statement?  Ok, here goes, MOTIVATION GETS YOU STARTED.  HABITS KEEP YOU GOING.".  Am I right?!  This was a headline in my Whole30 Daily email!  It's amazing in my opinion.  I always thought I  had to figure out how to stay motivated all the time, but it turns out, that if you just start something when you're motivated, and then just push a little to keep up the habit even when you AREN'T motivated, you can accomplish things.  Damnnn Whole30..Thanks!  Ok, I had wayyyy too much coffee this morning.  Sorry about that.  Anyone watch 'Love' on Netflix yet?  I like it.  I hope they come out with another season.  Ok Bye!

PS I really hope I can get through that thing where my brain is going to rebel and try really hard, one last time to get me to eat dessert and cheat on my diet.  I got this lol (ew lol)

~Mandy

Day 21-So much fun

8:00 AM (Woke up at 7:15 AM)

*feeling good

-Coffee (black)

11:30 AM

*feeling hungry

-3 egg omelette with coconut oil, Mrs. Dash seasoning, onions and broccoli

-A potato baked in coconut oil, Mrs. Dash and sea salt

-An orange

-A cup of Bigelow peppermint tea (decaf)

-A sip of orange juice

*feeling hungry

-A 16oz Chai tea

6:30 PM

*feeling starved

-A piece of mango

-An RX bar-chocolate coconut

-A Lara bar-cashew cookie

-A Lara bar-apple pie

-An Epic bar-beef,cherry, habanero 

*feeling stressed

-Potato and cauliflower pancakes with parsley, coconut oil and Mrs.Dash

-A hard-boiled egg

-An apple

-A Wegman's tangerine lime sparkling water

*feeling stressed

-Pistachios

-Blueberries

-Some Wegman's Aqua mineral water

*sleep

Today was nice.  It was beautiful out and 60 degrees.  I had a productive morning and then spent the afternoon food shopping with my sister.  It took wayy too long.  It was nice to see her but I don't like food shopping with other people because I can't focus on what I need to get done.  I bought way too many bars and ate them all for dinner  :wacko: Whyyyy!  Then I proceeded to just keep eating until midnight.  Stupid store days.  Oh wellll...it's ok to mess up sometimes.  I am still hormonal so that has something to do with it too.  ANYWAY...I hope to see some nice weather this week!  I am going to try a light run soon and see if it affects my head at all.  I really hope not.  I bought lots of yummy new foods to try and I will be updating you as I make them :)  Also, this week I will be making dinner with my sister who is also doing the Whole30, so that should be fun!  We are going all out with an appetizer, entree, dessert and mocktails!  Can't wait!  Other than that, nothing to really talk about so I will be on my way.  Bye!

~Mandy

Day 22-Emptiness + Binging = Worst day ever.

*feeling annoyed and lazy

-Coffee (1/2 caff. with lite organic coconut milk)

10:30 AM

*feeling good but lazy

-A Wegman's Aqua Mineral water with fresh squeezed lemon throughout the day

*feeling stressed

-A banana

-A small apple

-A packet of Justin's Almond Butter

-Pistachios

-Blueberries

1:30 PM

*feeling empty and stressed

-2 eggs scrambled in light olive oil, Mrs. Dash seasoning and sea salt

-A small potato fried in light olive oil, Mrs. Dash seasoning and sea salt

-A banana

2:00 PM

*feeling stressed, empty and out of control

-Pistachios

-Blueberries

-Kalamata olives

-A 1/4 can of tuna with light olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika

-A packet of Justin's Almond butter

*feeling stressed

-3/4 can of tuna with light olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika

-Banana

-A cup of Wegman's Herbal Peppermint Tea (decaf)

-A Wegmans Tangerine Lime Sparkling Water

8:00 PM

*Miserable

-Blueberries

-A few organic sweet potato chips baked in olive oil and Mrs. Dash seasoning

-A salmon fillet baked in olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika

*sleep

Today was so bad.  I felt so unbelievably empty.  I know I've hit the food boredom mark, but I didn't expect to react this way.  I just started eating and didn't really stop.  I knew it was bad but I just kept going.  I have struggled with this in the past but I didn't think I would end up doing it on this diet.  It's something I have to overcome, but I now know that I can't buy things in bulk because I just get too excited and eat too much lol.  I'm determined to figure myself out so I will not be setting myself up anymore.  I'll go to the store as needed because I think when I buy so much at once after having barely anything in my kitchen, I get too excited.  I also feel like my brain is looking for those flavors and tastes that I grew up on and It may be that one last ditch effort where it's trying to get me to cave.  Eating like this obviously doesn't satisfy any emptiness or cravings so it's just lazy and stupid and wasteful and destructive.  Ughh I feel so bad, but I won't give up!

~Mandy

• Moderators

Hi, Mandy. I'm sorry you're struggling.

If I could offer some suggestions, though -- eat your first meal within an hour of waking up, and make it a big meal that meets the meal template. I know I've mentioned the meal template before, but really and truly, even though it feels like you're eating a lot at a meal, eating that much at meals helps keep you from eating between meals, and it helps to keep you from just needing to grab whatever food you can get fastest because you're hungry.

When eggs are your only protein source, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand. When you have tuna, if you're buying the little short cans, have the whole can. If it's bigger, maybe half a can. Unless you're buying food-service sized giant cans, I can't picture a can of tuna I've ever seen at a grocery store where 1/4 of a can makes a reasonable meal for any adult human being.

There's nothing wrong with fruit, but you should be eating way more vegetables than fruit. Mostly, I think of fruit as a garnish -- a little extra something to add a different flavor and texture to a meal. Some berries or a chopped apple in a salad, for instance. Not ever the main focus of a meal. Seriously, eat WAY MORE VEGGIES than fruit. 1-3 cups of cooked vegetables at each meal, more if you're having a bunch of raw leafy green stuff, just because it isn't as filling.

There's nothing wrong with you, and you're not being lazy or stupid or any of that. What I see is someone so concerned about eating too much, that she's eating too little, and then when her body demands nourishment, she feels out of control. If you have a history of disordered eating of any kind, definitely find a professional to talk to -- I don't in any way mean to imply that binge eating isn't a thing that happens, and if that's truly what's going on, it may be that Whole30 can't fix it completely. All I know is that for me, personally, I am less likely to overeat sweet, carby things, when I've eaten plenty of vegetables, protein, and fat at consistent times throughout the day, and I'd encourage you to try that for a while and see if it doesn't help you feel more in control of your eating choices.

Shannon,

Thank you so much for your advice!  After reading this I woke up and made a nice, filling breakfast that stuck to the meal template and I already feel better!  I guess it's normal to get off track when you start something new.  I will admit that I sometimes do forget about the meal template and just get caught up in the menu of what I can eat vs portions and time.  This is all a learning experience for me and it's so unbelievably helpful to have people like you to steer me in the right direction when I lose sight.  Thank you so much!  It does make all the difference to do it right because you stay full until your next meal and you can go about your day without worrying about food.  Not to mention how satisfying it is.  I do have a tendency to worry about my weight more than I should, so if I stick to the meal template I will be better off anyway.  Thanks Shannon!  Can't thank you enough!

~Mandy 

Day 23-1 week to go!

*feeling good

-Coffee -1/2 caff. with lite organic coconut milk

-A Wegman's Aqua Mineral water with fresh squeezed tangerine and lemon throughout the day

-3 slices of apple

-An orange

-Kalamata olives

-3 eggs fried in light olive oil with sea salt and Mrs. Dash seasoning

*feeling stressed

-A sweet potato baked in coconut oil and cinnamon

-Pistachios

4:30 PM

*feeling stressed

-Kalamata olives

*EXERCISE-30 squats, 20+20 push ups, 20+20 side plank raises, 4+4 pull ups

9:00 PM

*Feeling good

-A chicken breast fried in light olive oil, with smoked paprika and garlic powder on a bed of greens and tomatoes in balsamic vinegar

-Sips of Vico Coconut water

*sleep

Today went much better than yesterday.  I ate less and was able to get some exercise in.  I've learned that pistachios are a food 'with no brakes' for me.  I'm starting to think that I need some discipline more than I need to eliminate foods.  I wish I knew how to have discipline with eating, but I'm sure it will come with time.  I really love balsamic vinegar.  It has such a nice taste!  The light olive oil I've been using lately seems to have no taste really.  Anyway, I think I am gaining weight slightly but once I start seriously working out again, I know it will come off.  I am definitely in a slump this week and I can't wait to get out of it.  I really can't wait until I am more used to this diet and have a system down, but I guess practice makes perfect.  I am noticing that my skin is much brighter but I still breakout sometimes.  I do feel better weight wise, even if I am putting it on again, I still feel a lot lighter.  I have much more energy throughout the day and I can only have one cup of coffee a day or it really triggers my stress/anxiety.  My eyes are brighter and overall I am a million times more 'regular'  then I've ever been.  I just wish I could find something to make me happy, occupy my mind and discipline me around food.  I know there are a ton of things I can do, but until I take the initiative, I'm going to stay in this slump.  

~Mandy

Let it be known that although it doesn't look like I'm eating a lot of food, the problem is that I fill up on the wrong things and essentially start binging.  For example, in this last post, I ate half a bag of pistachios in one sitting.  It was a bigggg bag too.  Like the $15 bag. Yes, maybe my body needed extra protein that day because I didn't follow plan, however, the excessive eating in one sitting is what is making me gain a little weight.   Although I am super insecure about my weight, I do not think I have any kind of significant body dismorphia or anything like that.  I just decided a long time ago that I was always going to be a bit harder on myself in that area so that I always kept up with it to some extent.  My body is one of my better qualities lol.  The problem is that I use food as a coping mechanism when I'm down or stressed and I want it to fill that hole, which it never does obviously.  Also, I am a bit rebellious in nature and I rebel against myself sometimes, which I know is pretty messed up.  I am a complex creature and still trying to figure myself out haha!  Any insight/encouragement would be lovely.  I just wanted to start blogging what I eat and how I feel to not only understand myself better, but to get constructive feedback from others.

-Mandy

• Moderators

Let it be known that although it doesn't look like I'm eating a lot of food, the problem is that I fill up on the wrong things and essentially start binging.  For example, in this last post, I ate half a bag of pistachios in one sitting.  It was a bigggg bag too.  Like the $15 bag. Yes, maybe my body needed extra protein that day because I didn't follow plan, however, the excessive eating in one sitting is what is making me gain a little weight.   Although I am super insecure about my weight, I do not think I have any kind of significant body dismorphia or anything like that.  I just decided a long time ago that I was always going to be a bit harder on myself in that area so that I always kept up with it to some extent.  My body is one of my better qualities lol.  The problem is that I use food as a coping mechanism when I'm down or stressed and I want it to fill that hole, which it never does obviously.  Also, I am a bit rebellious in nature and I rebel against myself sometimes, which I know is pretty messed up.  I am a complex creature and still trying to figure myself out haha!  Any insight/encouragement would be lovely.  I just wanted to start blogging what I eat and how I feel to not only understand myself better, but to get constructive feedback from others.

-Mandy

You might post over in the Troubleshooting section of the forum. Link to this log, and mention any specific questions you have -- or just copy this post and put a link to your log. You'll get more people to look at it and offer feedback, since often people don't read personal logs.

Day 24-I need to get out more.

8:00 AM

*feeling good

-Coffee -1/2 caff. with Lite Organic Coconut Milk

9:45 AM

*feeling full

-A Wegman's Aqua Mineral Water with fresh squeezed tangerine and lime throughout the day

-Sips of Vico Coconut Water

-3 eggs scrambled in light olive oil on a bed of greens and tomatoes with peppers and onions fried in light olive oil, Mrs. Dash Seasoning and Himalayan Pink Salt

-Plantain medallions fried in coconut oil with a homemade garlic sauce (see recipe below)

12:00 PM-1:00 PM

-Plantain medallions fried in coconut oil with a homemade garlic sauce (see recipe below)

-Sips of Vico Coconut Water

-A Wegman's Tangerine Lime Sparkling Water

*feeling stressed

-An apple

-A cup of Yogi Raspberry Passion Perfect Energy Tea

*feeling stressed

-Greek olives

-Chicken salad with homemade mayo

*Feeling stressed

-2 small organic sweet potatoes baked in coconut oil and cinnamon

5:30 PM

*Feeling stressed

-A half can of tuna with homemade mayo

-A few bites of peppers and onions fried in light olive oil

*EXERCISE-30 squats, 20+20 push ups, 20+20 side plank raises, 6+6 pull ups

*sleep

Today was alright.  I experimented with a new recipe that I really enjoyed.  It was Mel Joulwan's Crispy Plantains with Garlic Sauce.  I never made plantains before and they were surprisingly delicious!  These tasted like really flavorful potato pancakes.  The sauce gave them an awesome tang and they are even delicious without the sauce.  The sauce also gave me some crazy garlic breath lol.  You have been warned.  Although, it's totally worth it in my opinion.  I highly recommend making these if you have some time to kill and you're feeling creative.  It is a little bit of a process, but the great thing is you can keep them in the fridge if you don't want to fry them all at once.  I will definitely be adding these to my repertoire.  I decided that whenever I feel bad or down or out of control, I'm going to get out of my apartment, or at least switch gears and do something different to occupy my mind in another way.  Ugh, I can't wait until I find another job to occupy my time.  Lastly, today I made my second batch of homemade mayo and I actually had the consistency right this time.  I love how this diet is just one giant experiment!  It's fun :)  I left an egg out overnight and it turned out much thicker this time.  It was a little too salty though.  Anywho, have a good day!

~Mandy

Day 25-Great day!

*feeling good

-1.5 cups of coffee -1/2 caff. with Lite Organic Coconut Milk

-2 eggs with greens, tomato and peppers and onions fried in coconut oil, Mrs. Dash Seasoning and Himalayan Pink Salt

-A cup of water

1:00-2:00 PM

*feeling guilty

-A bag of Dang Coconut Chips

-A banana

-An Adirondack Raspberry Lime Seltzer Water

-A can of tuna with homemade mayo and Himalayan Pink Salt

-Fried peppers and onions in light olive oil

-A Wegman's Aqua Mineral Water with fresh squeezed lemon throughout the day

*feeling-headache

-A cup of Stash Coconut Mango Oolong Tea

*feeling great

-An organic sweet potato baked in light olive oil and cinnamon

-A Salmon filet baked in light olive oil, lemon, garlic powder, pepper, smoked paprika and drizzled with a Balsamic reduction

-A Wegman's Aqua Mineral Water with fresh squeezed lemon

-A cup of Wegman's Peppermint Tea (decaf)

5:00-7:00 PM

*EXERCISE-Gym-Bicycle, Dumbells, Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extension, Quads, Calves, Chest Press, Lat. Pull-down, Seated Row, Forearm Pulldown, Glutes, Elliptical

Today was a good day!  I followed plan (Thanks to Shannon :) ) minus an entire bag of coconut chips  ^_^ I made it to the gym and really had a good long work out.  I ate delicious meals and all around felt good.  I went to the store and I knew I shouldn't buy the snacks but I wanted to treat myself and try them out.  It was def. a bad call but its ok!  I'm fine with it and now I know for sure to avoid snacks in the future.  Have a great day!

~Mandy

Day 26-Another great day!

*feeling good but headache

-A banana

-Kalamata olives

-A coffee with Lite coconut milk (1/2 caff.)

12:45 PM

*feeling hungry

-3 eggs fried in coconut oil with sea salt, olives, Mrs. Dash Seasoning, smoked paprika and garlic powder

-Greek olives

-A salad with greens, tomato, Himalayan Pink Salt and Balsamic vinegar

-Organic eggplant slices fried in coconut oil and Himalayan Pink Salt

-A Pellegrino Mineral Water with fresh squeezed lime and tangerine throughout the day

*EXERCISE-Ran 2 miles (23 mins)

*feeling good but tired

-1.5 organic sweet potatoes baked in coconut oil, Himalayan Pink Salt and cinnamon

-1/2 Organic NY Strip Steak fried in light olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and Himalayan Pink Salt

-A cup of Stash Mango Coconut Oolong Tea

*feeling hungry and tired

-A Cashew Cookie Lara Bar

-A Key Lime Pie Lara Bar

*sleep

Today was a good day!  I went on my first run since my injury and I had no negative side effects.  This made me so happy because I was wondering how long it would take until I could run again.  I remembered how much I love running.  It's definitely a spiritual thing for me and a feeling I've never been able to get doing anything else.  It's freeing.  It does wear my body down though.  I was so tired the whole rest of the day.  I am not in running shape yet!  I made a steak for the first time in a while and it turned out just how I wanted it, medium well.  That was a surprise but I have noticed that my cooking skills have vastly improved on this diet and that is just another great perk of it.  This diet is life changing.  I also had a late night snack of 2 Lara Bars and I couldn't believe it but I think I broke/cracked a tooth or something on the Key Lime Pie bar because it had hard things in it.  My sister said it was probably date pits or something but ow!  Not cool Lara Bars, not cool.  I will be hesitant to buy these again.  That is all!

~Mandy

Day 27-Sore!

*feeling good but sore and tired

-A coffee with Lite coconut milk

*feeling hungry

-3 eggs fried in coconut oil with sea salt, Mrs. Dash Seasoning, 1/2 avocado, tomato

-A banana

--A Pellegrino Mineral Water with fresh squeezed lemon and tangerine throughout the day

*feeling hungry

-2 bananas

-3 handfuls of organic almonds

-A Polar Lemon seltzer water

-A Bigelow Green tea with Mint

*feeling starved

-Homemade plantain chips with homemade garlic sauce (http://meljoulwan.com/2015/08/04/crispy-plantains-garlic-sauce/)

-A chicken leg baked in apple and pineapple juice with Mrs. Dash Seasoning

-Peas with homemade garlic sauce

*sleep

Today I was unbelievably sore from the gym and running.  I haven't been this sore since high school soccer lol.  I made more of Mel Joulwan's plantain chips because I can't get enough.  Those things are delicious!  I made them slightly ripe this time and they were a bit tangier, but i didn't mind.  You just have to be careful handling them because they fall apart more easily.  I didn't have a great lunch because I was away during the afternoon but I had a very filling dinner that made up for it.  I stayed out a bit longer than I wanted to last night but all in all it was a really nice day :)

~Mandy

Day 28-Still sore

*feeling good but sore and tired

*feeling hungry

-3 eggs fried in coconut oil with sea salt, Mrs. Dash Seasoning, 1/2 can of salmon with oil, sea salt and Mrs. Dash Seasoning

-A seltzer water

*feeling hungry

-1/2 avocado

-A bowl of peas

-Eggplant slices fried in coconut oil with sea salt

-A Wegman's Peppermint Tea-decaf with lite coconut milk

*feeling hungry

-Homemade fries in olive oil with sea salt

-Chipped steak with coconut oil, pepper and sea salt

-Salad with greens, 2 hard-boiled eggs, tomato, olives, coconut oil and sea salt

-Water

*sleep

Today I was still sore.  I felt very lazy today and didn't accomplish a whole lot.  I started overeating at meals again, which is a trend I've been noticing on this diet for me.  I think it happens the most when I run out of meal ideas and go off track from the template.  I have to keep reminding myself that the template is important!  Food is not a free-for-all just because it's healthy!  Anyway, I don't like feeling overly full either.  I will figure it out eventually haha.  Super tired, goodnight!

~Mandy

Day 29-Love a late night work out

8:30 AM

*feeling good but tired

-3 eggs fried in coconut oil with fried eggplant, tomato, sea salt and Mrs. Dash Seasoning

-A slice of orange

*feeling hungry

-A salad with:

-Half of a London Broil steak fried in light olive oil and scallions

-Greens

-Half an avocado

-Olives

-Himalayan Pink Salt

-Balsamic Vinegar

-Mrs. Dash Seasoning

-Tomato

-A mango

-An apple

*feeling hungry

-Cashews and pistachios

-Cauliflower crust pizza with marinara sauce, italian seasoning and olives 

-A seltzer water

11:00 PM-1:00 AM

*EXERCISE-Gym-Bicycle, Dumbells, Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extension, Quads, Calves, Chest Press, Lat. Pull-down, Seated Row, Forearm Pulldown, Glutes, Elliptical

*feeling hungry

-An egg fried in olive oil with cauliflower, Mrs. Dash Seasoning and Himalayan Pink Salt

-A few sips of Adirondack Raspberry Lime Seltzer Water

Today I felt blah.  Ate a lot and didn't have much energy.  This is usually the case on Monday's for me.  The best part of my day was the late night work out.  I didn't feel like going, but I knew I should.  I pushed myself to go and I ended up staying for 2 hours and it felt really good to blow off some steam.  I made a cauliflower crust pizza and it was amazing! (http://www.oatmealwithafork.com/2013/06/10/personal-pan-cauliflower-pizza-crust-dairy-free/) I used ground pistachios and cashews with salt to mimic grated cheese.  I recommend doubling this recipe for 2 people.  Soo worth the sink full of dishes.  Ah! 1 day left!  

~Mandy

Day 30-Last Day!

*feeling good but tired

-A coffee-1/2 caff. with Lite coconut milk

-3 eggs fried in light olive oil with olives, Himalayan pink salt and Mrs. Dash Seasoning

*feeling hungry

-A coffee-1/2 caff. with Lite coconut milk

-Sweet potato fries in light olive oil with Himalayan Pink Salt

-An apple

-Cashews and Pistachio's

-Organic meatballs in light olive oil with egg, scallions, garlic powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning and topped with marinara sauce

-An Adirondack White Chocolate Seltzer Water

*feeling full

-A banana

*feeling stressed

-An apple

-A banana

-Cashews and Pistachio's

6:00 PM

*EXERCISE-Ran 2 miles

3:00 AM

*sleep

Today is my last day!  This is huge for me!  I have never committed to a diet for this long!  I love this lifestyle of eating and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon!  The only thing I really want is a celebratory drink!  Woohoo!  Thank you Whole30 for changing my life!  I would love to be an advocate for health, fitness and nutrition one day and this program has really educated me and helped me in soo many ways!  If I can do it, anyone can!  You just have to want it.  I am so grateful for this program and it was very effective with the emails, logs, forum support, moderators and resources.  I will be telling my friends and family my success story and I hope I can inspire others to try this program as well!

~Mandy

Day 31-Last last Day!

*feeling good but tired

-2 cups of coffee-1/2 caff. with Lite coconut milk

-3 eggs fried in light olive oil with olives, Himalayan pink salt and Mrs. Dash Seasoning

*feeling hungry

-Sweet potato fries in light olive oil with Himalayan Pink Salt

-A Pellegrino Mineral Water with fresh squeezed tangerines and lemon

1:00 PM-2:00 PM

*Sun tan

*feeling hungry and stressed

-Kalamata olives

-A can of tuna with homemade mayo and Himalayan Pink Salt

-Fried eggplant slices in coconut oil and Himalayan Pink Salt

-Juice from a tangerine

*EXERCISE-Squats, Push-ups, Crunches, Pull-ups

*feeling hungry

-Kalamata olives

-Sweet potato fries in coconut oil and Himalayan Pink salt

-A salmon filet baked in light olive oil, lemon, Himalayan Pink salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and pepper

-Some of an Adirondack Raspberry Lime seltzer water

Although today is Day 31, I wanted to do one more entry.  I weighed myself yesterday and I was at 112.8 lbs.  I lost about .2-1.2 lbs since I have started.  I know I would have lost more if I would have followed the template portions better, but often times I was stressed or unhappy and overate.  I didn't work out much while on this diet because I didn't want to burn myself out and I am recovering from a concussion.  I have finally started working out regularly and I already feel the weight coming off.  I think in the next few months I am going to be very happy with how I look.  I am using the idea of a 30 day commitment from now on to help me reach other goals in my life.  Now that I know I can do it, there is no reason why I can't do it again!  I will be sticking to this diet with the possible exception of alcohol.  Since I've been on this diet I have noticed the following things, eyes brighter, skin clearer, more energy, very regular digestive system, hydrated, happier, more confident, no longer depressed, sleeping better and longer, love the art of cooking and I appreciate meals more when they are home cooked, motivated to exercise and live my life knowing that I don't have to worry about eating bad, excited to always find new recipes, ingredients and snacks to keep me interested and excited to help others!  (On the down side I am still having cravings and dreams about food every day and I absolutely hate all of the dishes lol)  I love this diet and I am just so grateful that I was able to do it.  I recommend doing this if you're tired of worrying about food and your weight and you have a passion for eating whole foods.  Thank you Whole30, Melissa, Dallas and Shannon!  Are you guys hiring?

Oh, and one more thing, I can honestly say that I think this diet helped me overcome post-concussion symptoms.  They are almost all gone and I'm sure eating right was a huge help!  I think if you want to see serious results, you should consider this as a lifestyle instead of a diet and consider sticking to it for a long time, if not for the rest of your life.

~Mandy

Archived