Protein Salad for the 7 day meal plan

JennyJo103

Hello all!!!

I am about to start this program and am very excited to start!!!! Im a huge planner kind of person so im already looking over the menus and TRYING to plan a week long meal plan with a grocery list

So im looking at the 7 day meal plan and I see the Protein Salad for Monday meal two. It says to pair it with ranch dressing. now im assuming that its suggested to try it with a ranch dressing instead of the basic mayo listed on the recipe? or do you use both???  

thanks for answering my silly question!!!

I also want to ask about On the Tuesday meal two it has the protein salad in a hollow bell pepper, sliced carrots, celery, and apple with ranch dressing for dipping....im assuming that the ranch dressing is also a substitute for the basic mayo too in the protein salad recipe or what am I supposed to be dipping into ranch???

thanks!

• Moderators

I read it as, make the protein salad with the mayo (this is just making a chicken or tuna salad), and then putting some ranch dressing in a container on the side --  "...prepare a batch of Basic Mayo. Use that to make a batch of Ranch Dressing, and to add to your protein salad." You can use the ranch on the baby spinach for a salad, or even if you put the protein salad on top of the spinach, if you find it a little dry, you could still add the ranch dressing.

Same with packing up Tuesday's lunch -- pack up the rest of the protein salad (which already has mayo in it) and the other items, including the ranch dressing, which you can use to dip your carrots and celery in at lunch.

• Moderators

Important clarification: We are not talking about your buying a bottle of Ranch dressing at the grocery store. We are talking about homemade ranch dressing made with all compliant ingredients. The stuff you can pick up at the supermarket will be full of things that would invalidate your Whole30.

Archived