Trip two days after Whole 30 ends

In a case of extremely poor planning (though I probably would have done it anyway because I felt like there was no "perfect" time), my Whole 30 will be ending two days before I leave on a trip with my extended family.  To keep the costs down, we will be cooking a lot at the house we are staying and everyone is in charge of different meals.  I'll be driving 8 hours to get there, so while I could take or buy some food there, it has to be able to travel well and I can't take up a ton of space in the refrigerator since all the food for 10 people will be there. I really wanted to try to do reintro the right way, but I'm not sure how to manage this trip.  I thought I would take some bags of salad and some chicken if I can to sub in for some meals, but I'm not sure I can avoid everything.    

Should I just eat as compliant as possible through the trip, do a week or so of completely compliant Whole 30 when I'm back home, and then do reintro?  Or blow reintro and do another full Whole 30 and reintro after that one?  I'm fine with staying on Whole 30 for another stretch.  We are planning on at least doing a mostly compliant diet anyway. 

• Moderators

If you can eat mostly meat and veggies during the trip, you might be okay to go back to strict Whole30 eating for a week or two afterwards and then move on to reintroductions. It really depends on how much inflammation gets kicked up on the trip. 

If you can eat mostly meat and veggies during the trip, you might be okay to go back to strict Whole30 eating for a week or two afterwards and then move on to reintroductions. It really depends on how much inflammation gets kicked up on the trip. 

Thanks!  I just got a list of meals everyone is planning and it looks like if I relax on added sugar in ingredients (like sausage) and legumes, I should be able to avoid anything else by subbing in a salad for a couple of meals.  If it causes problems and I can't identify which thing is the issue, I should be able to go back to Whole 30 for a couple of days and then reintroduce the legumes to see if they are the problem, right?  I'm pretty sure I can avoid dairy and all grains based on the planned menu.

Archived