breakfast fruit salad

wwwoolf

• Moderators

Don't forget your vegetables.

Try this alongside your chicken: Dice: jicama, peeled cucumber, raw zucchini or yellow squash, carrots, snap peas (you can add other veggies, these are my favorites -- if you like bell peppers, onions, radishes, or whatever, it all works), combine with a closed handful of blueberries or sliced strawberries, some coconut flakes, and either nuts or avocado. Add some lemon juice. You can add fresh mint if you like as well.

Actually, thinking about it, you could dice the chicken and mix it in too, and serve over some baby spinach or other mild-flavored leafy green stuff. If it seems a little dry, add a little olive oil or some mayo.

Thanks Tom and Shannon... So I am confused.... I was thinking of the fruit and chicken as an occasional alternative breakfast for me. Usually have an egg thingy or left over dinner. Lunch and dinner always includes veg and/or salad so I definitely never scrimp on veg. A couple of mornings I had egg salad with jicama slices. I always change it up. Are you supposed to hav veg for breakfast every morning?

And, btw, I have finally found compliant bacon on Amazon but is there any alternative brand? Can you freeze that stuff? I have to buy in bulk to get it here...Interior Alaska.

The Hardest for me besides missing chocolate and grains is all the meat. I have a big garden in the summer and a mainstay is stir fried rice and veg. I'm going to try the cauli rice this week.

Thanks for the support.

Yes, veg at every meal. Fruit should be eaten with or as part of a meal that contains veg, never in place of it.

As Tom has said, fruit, particularly when eaten in the morning sets you up for being hungrier sooner because of the way it impacts blood sugars.

Hope this helps.

Archived