Day 11: Detox or food reaction?

wwwoolf

I woke up with a cold - first one in couple years!   sneezy, drainage,yucky.   When folks say "flu" feeling are they talking about feeling like you have a stomach virus?  A "flu" is respiratory, like a cold.

Staying on program.     Lunch was leftovers from night before: salmon ,chard, potatoes...Had roast chicken, cauli rice, salad with some fruit and veg and vinagrette for dinner.  Drinking unsweetened coconut water.  Lunch was salad with leftover chicken, blueberries, lots of veg.  This am had leftovers.  ???

• Moderators

"carb flu" is typically feeling tired, maybe a little achy -- it's not accompanied by fever or nausea or respiratory/sinus stuff. You may have a bug or some seasonal allergy stuff going on. Plus, carb flu is usually at the beginning of the process, as your body adjusts to not having bread and sugar and stuff.

Your meals look okay, but low in fat, although it is hard to tell your portion sizes. Is the unsweetened coconut water just because you feel bad? Because it's really just a light fruit juice, and not something you want to consume regularly. It's usually best limited to people doing long distance hikes or runs where they need some extra electrolytes, or at times when a person might be getting dehydrated (from working outside in hot weather, for instance, or as the result of a stomach bug).

I think my fat intake is ok,  use whole 30 mayo, olives, vinagrette salad dressing, and avocado and nuts on salad etc. Also, some of the sauces and use oil to stir fry and saute.  

I am bummed about the coconut water...it's refreshing but my guts are now involved as well as my head so I have to see how I feel tomorrow. 

Archived