I'm full half way through my meal

littlebird

I'm on day 4, so far doing pretty well. My diet was mostly vegetarian before I started the Whole30; lots of legumes, very little dairy, tons of veggies, healthy fats, some fruit, nuts, plenty of eggs, meat twice a week.

Sugar cravings since day 1- between 2 and 4 p.m. Manageable.

My biggest problem thus far is that even using only 1 palm-sized portion of meat and the rest veggies, I get full before I'm half done with my food, but then get hungry around 3-4 hours later (and yes, genuinely hungry, not cravings), so I have a small snack. I generally eat breakfast around 6 a.m., lunch around 1230 or 1 in the afternoon, and dinner when I get home around 6 or 630 p.m.

I don't know if I should stick with my 3 meals and 2 small snacks as my work days are so long, or if I should try to push myself to finish the whole meal. I think a large part of it is not being used to the meat, and so it takes my stomach longer to process than the veggies and legumes I'm used to, but that's just a guess.

Thoughts?

I'm having a similar problem. I have never been someone that could eat a lot at a sitting. I can't seem to make it in just 3 meals. I need a mid morning snack. Sometimes I can make it from lunch until dinner but not always. Should I be pushing myself to not eat? I know I won't be able to eat more at meal time. I eat breakfast about 7:00, can't take a lunch break until 1:30 and then dinner is usually about 7:00.

Any recommendations?

Both of you seem to have your meals pretty well spread out. Typically you should have 3 meals a day with about 4-5 hours between each one. I would first recomend trying as best as you can to eat larger portions at each of your 3 meals. But,If you know it's going to be another 6 hours or so before you have another meal then yes, have something in between. However, instead of it being a "snack" try to just finish the lunch you didn't finish or a smaller version of a typical meal (protien and veggies) rather than a treat type snack or veggies as they are not very satisfying.

Archived