eggplant recipes?

mb in md

This eggplant sausage strata recipe from Mel Joulwan rocks: http://meljoulwan.com/2010/07/27/baked-eggplant-farmesan/

I haven't made her baba ghanoush recipe, but I'm guessing it would also be tasty. http://meljoulwan.com/2009/07/17/eat-your-vegetables-eggplant/

[snip - removed some code that was displaying]

Yes to both of these. The baba ganoush is yummy.

Tbh you could just pan fry/griddle the slices and enjoy them as a vegetable side.

Thanks -- excellent suggestions. Don't know why I didn't think of ratatouille. But I have already tossed the eggplant pieces in a mixture of lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, s & p, and red pepper flakes (the chili-garlic sauce called for in the original recipe was noncompliant) and baked those spicy little goodies and ate 'em right up. 

Eggplant dip!

Roast the eggplants whole on a gas burner. Turn them so that they get charred and burnt on all sides. Then, scrape out the flesh, mix it with a little salt in a strainer, and wait 10-20 minutes while the excess (bitter) water drains out. Blend with mayo, garlic powder, and salt. Yum!!

This is what I do...

BAKED STUFFED EGGPLANT:

2 large eggplants

16 oz. mushrooms, washed; sliced

1 Tablespoon oil

1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef

1 large onion, chopped

2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon oregano

12 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded

Wash and cut off stem of eggplants; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out leaving 1/2-inch shells; cube centers. Arrange eggplant shells in baking dish. In large skillet, saute eggplant cubes and mushrooms in oil for 6-8 minutes or until tender; and set aside. In same skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain off excess fat. Add eggplant mixture, tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread eggplant-meat mixture into the eggplant shells and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated thoroughly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Please note that cheese (and ALL dairy) is off limits during your Whole30.

Since I've also spotted you post about using butter you might want to review the rules of the program >here<

Archived