quick question re meal timing

I'm struggling with hunger in the evenings despite my meals being on the higher end of the template :o (I'm eating until I'm rather full too haha). I'm drinking at least 2l of water a day, and I haven't been training in the gym for a good few weeks due to a head injury. My meals tend to be around 7am/midday/then 4/5pm depending on hunger. I don't tend to go to bed until 9 and by then I'm really hungry. Do I need to fit something else in? I have tried delaying meal one and two but the hunger kicks in pretty badly and I'm trying to eat when I'm hungry rather than fight with myself a bit.

• Administrators

If you are legitimately hungry (as in, you could eat steamed fish and brocoli happily), then eat something. A balanced body should be winding down at the end of the day so getting hungry at night after meals tells me that either your hormones are out of balance or you are not eating enough during the day. Sometimes late night hunger is actually a result of having eaten too small a breakfast.

Also note that if I recall correctly, your head injury is a serious medical issue and if you are still recovering, there is a chance that your body simply needs more nutrients.

• Moderators

If I ate at 4, I would be too hungry to sleep by 9. In my schedule, I would schedule a small meal around 3/4 PM and then have a fourth meal at 7/8 for a total of 4 meals. Another approach would be to stay on your original schedule and add a small meal at 7/8. 

Archived