Activity level and mood change in baby

I am in my final week. My 4mo son has been extra sleepy, low energy, extra chill, and not as smiley or active for the last two weeks. Could it be my diet? With less carbs fats and no sugar we're thinking he doesn't have the fat reserve or energy to do the energy burning he needs to? Im on day27 and considering quitting to see if he gets better. I eat extra carbs and fats to keep up with milk supply but maybe it's not enough for him. I'm sure it could be other factors and we're seeing the doc later this week but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts or advice to share.

• Moderators

Could you list a couple of days worth of food, including approximate portion sizes, water intake, and exercise? Maybe something will stand out that you could change to have better results.

In general, nursing moms need four full meals, as well as extra fat and maybe extra starchy vegetables. Also be sure you're drinking at least a half ounce of water per pound of body weight, so if you weigh 120 lbs aim for at least 60 oz of water a day.

I've done four Whole 30s while nursing, and I have to say I would think this might be a coincidence.  I have three kids and there are a ton of viruses going around right now.  It could also be a growth spurt or teething.  (May you be blessed with a baby who sleeps a ton on a growth spurt -- I only got one of those :) ). 

Like Shannon said, it is possible you are not eating enough, but if you are, I bet it is a winter bug.  The first winter with a new baby is always the hardest, even if you are not in childcare. 

Archived