Significant Weightloss on Whole30??

SheLovesToChew

Hi. I am new here. NEW-new ... as in I just heard about the Whole 30 yesterday, bought the book for my nook last night, and then read about 2/3 of the book today.

I have about 100 lbs to lose. I have been at this weight for several years - probably about 5 - and I desperately want to get back to the weight I was most comfortable at about 10 years ago, which is 150. I was reading all of your posts above and am happy that so many of you were able to achieve such amazing weight loss during your Whole 30. I hope that I have the same kind of success.

I am starting my Whole 30 tomorrow, even though I have an office christmas party at an upscale Italian restaurant in a week and Christmas is just around the corner. When the January 2013 Whole 30 starts, I am going to jump on board for that too.

I am sick and tired of always losing a little and then gaining it back and feeling gross in the process. I want to feel good again.

Welcome!! You can do this!! You'll find tons of support and ideas on this forum too.

Difwiz..... So glad you decided to join.... This lifestyle really really works if you want it to.... And the main thing is you become more and more healthy as time goes on ( natural side effect is that the pounds drop off)

My advice.... This is a marathon, not a sprint, don't expect miraculous weight loss overnight... In fact if I were you I would not get on a scale for months and break the " dieting mentality". Limit any foods that trigger you even if they are complient, use fruits and nuts SPARINGLY, vegetables are your friend and eat a ton of them, slowly start to exercise daily and increase as you are able and comfortable....

I have been eating " paleo" for 7 months now.... And in the middle of a whole 90 .... I feel the best I have in my entire life!!!! My reasons are different than yours ..... But you can do this!!! Once in, you should see that it's the most natural thing for tour body to do...

Best of luck and keep us posted....

Thanks for your support!

Those are really good suggestions. I do have a habit of falling down if I eat something that is a trigger, but technically compliant, so that is a good thing to keep in mind.

I weighed this morning and will be asking my husband to hide the scale tonight so I am not tempted. I am planning on not weighing until the end of the official January Whole30.

:-)

• 2 years later...

The Whole30 was suggested by my Dr. who did it herself first. At the end of 30, blood pressure is Down 49 points, weight down 20, I can't imagin all the other good things happening inside! But will have new blood work in a couple of months. I started from day 1 completely compliant - I keep thinking it can't be this easy, I was never hungry or had any cravings. I keep my meals very simple and never got bored with one thing.I found going out doable but only did 5 or 6 times. Breakfast out is the easiest. I have been on or tried every program ever published but nothing was for me & that covers 70+ Years. I have hypothyroidism for 25 years which made keeping weigh stable right there with impossible. The am very active and do structured exercise at least 5 days a week on a regular basis. For the next 30 days, I will work on sleep improvements, but stay whole30 compliant and also start using recipes from the books. I feel wonderful do you think I am never going to have to deal with cravings! Nice to dream. I only grow organic vegetables, grass fed beef, pork, and chickens so I have an advantage but that has been for years, so the ? is, why is it working so good now? Thank you, thank you! I recommend this to everyone who asks what I am doing. Even my hair looks great! Hope this helps anyone questioning, should I give this plan a try! Do it for yourself, you deserve it!

• 2 years later...

I am on day 18.  I definitely lost more in the second week than the third, although I have only weighed the one time.  (I know, I broke the rule, but I just had to know!)  The thing you have to remember about Whole30 is that it is resetting you system.  You currently are fueled by all the sugar and carbs you consume daily.  Your body is doing nothing but burning through sugar all day.  When you take that away from your body, it has to learn how to survive on the fuel you are giving it and what you already have, your stored up fat.  You may not loose a ton during your first 30 days, but keep limiting your sugar intake and allow your body to continue to burn up your fat... you will be so happy you did.  Being overweight isn't the problem, it is a symptom of an unhealthy lifestyle.  Fix the lifestyle, and the weight will fix itself.

Archived