Chick fil a

Wolfgirl

• Moderators

It looks like everything at Chick-fil-a is cooked in peanut oil. Their menu actually lets you look at all their ingredients for each individual thing, so feel free to look for yourself, but the only thing I see that could possible be okay is the side salad if you get it without cheese and without any dressing, or the super food side salad if you get it without dressing, without the dried cherries, and without the glazed nuts. Even the fruit cup has added sugar in the mandarin oranges. I really wouldn't recommend going there if you have any other options.

I looked through the menu and at both of Shannon's suggestions, and while they'd be technically compliant, it's barely any food at all. You'd need a whole lot of side salads to get to good-sized meal.

For the superfood salad, once you take our all the non-compliant ingredients it is literally just a bowl of kale and broccolini. You'd need to bring in your old fat & protein before it is a template OK meal.

You said in your post that your friend and you want to go out after YOU finish a big test. If this is a celebration for you, I don't think you should have to go somewhere that doesn't have food you are able to eat at the moment. Does your friend know that you're doing a w30? Maybe even if she does, she's trying to pick some place that seems simple to her (hey, it's just chicken!) but in actuality it is not compliant.

I'd just talk to her and say you'd prefer elsewhere, and make sure you have some suggestions in mind. You can always suggest cooking a meal together that would still be special (nicer steaks, scallops, etc).

• 10 months later...

Spicy southwest salad with no corn, beans, or cheese. I ask for the italian dressing because it is least likely to have anything non whole 30. It turns into a pretty good salad, not as disappointing as the others that. Basically turn into lettuce and tomatoes. The tortilla strips come on the side in a package so you dont have to worry about that. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Surrrrs said:

I ask for the italian dressing because it is least likely to have anything non whole 30. 

This is fine for your life post-whole30, but during a whole30, you're expected to research what is in your food and not knowingly consume anything that isn't compliant. This dressing, according to their website, contains soybean oil and sugar.

If you are going to be dining out on a whole30, your best bet for salad dressings is to take your own.

Archived