Seed Cycling

madmomma42

My natropath has me on a seed cycling regimen to regulate some hormonal issues.

Basically for half of the month I take 1 TBSP each of ground sesame seeds & sunflower seeds daily... then for the second half I take 1 TBSP each of ground flax seeds & ground pumpkin seeds daily. 

I'm wondering if I should I be accounting these seeds as part of my fat for the day? Or should I view them as something completely separate since I am taking them for the sole purpose of healing my body/hormone regulation? 

Eating three template meals a day, the first within an hour of wakening, will do wonders for regulating your hormones, particularly if you practice good sleep hygiene.

We would actually recommend limiting nut & seed consumption although both are counted as a fat for Whole30 purposes.

If I were you I'd either finish the seed cycling, or start the Whole30 - continuing both will only have you wondering which worked.

If I were you I'd either finish the seed cycling, or start the Whole30 - continuing both will only have you wondering which worked.

She actually suggested I do a Whole90 while seed cycling for 3 months. I will just count the seeds as a fat with one of my meals. 

Thanks! 

She actually suggested I do a Whole90 while seed cycling for 3 months. I will just count the seeds as a fat with one of my meals. 

Thanks! 

If this is the route that you decide to take please bear in mind that nuts & seeds are an inferior fat source due to their poor omega 3:6 ratio - one of the main reasons we recommend they are eaten in moderation (moderation being at most every other day) - plus they can be particularly hard on the digestive system.

If you plan to eat these seeds daily I'd suggest you try to counter balance the high omega 6 you'll be consuming with lots of oily fish & grass fed proteins.

Archived