Jenny's Reintro plan

Jenny B

So, I don't start my reintroduction until Tuesday, March 22nd.  However, I wanted to post it here and see if I can get any feedback from some Moderators.  I didn't do a reintroduction my last Whole30 and I regret it, so I am trying to plan ahead this time!

Day 1, Tuesday, March 22nd

LEGUMES – I don’t ever eat beans so need to reintroduce

M1: Breakfast and Apple w/ peanut butter

M2: Lunch and a handful of peanuts

M3: Dinner and soy sauce

Day 2/3 Compliant

Day 4, Friday, March 25th

Non Gluten Grains

M1: Breakfast and some popcorn (I like popcorn but I can't think of anything else that I eat that I could put here)

M2: Lunch and white rice

M3: Dinner and corn tortilla chips

Day 5/6 Complaint

Day 7, Monday, March 28th

Dairy – the only dairy I really eat is cheese – every blue moon ice cream and milk

M1: Breakfast and milk

M2: Lunch and cheese

M3: Dinner and some ice cream

Day 8/9 Compliant

Day 10, Thursday, March 31st

Gluten containing grains

M1: Breakfast and English muffin

M2: Lunch and (sandwich with white bread) I usually eat Honey Whole Wheat. I don't know if that is okay or not?

M3: Dinner and regular pasta

Had to make a change. Going out to dinner on the 22nd for my Mom's birthday, so I thought I would make it easy on myself.

Day 1, Tuesday, March 22nd

Dairy

M1: Breakfast quiche that will contain milk/cheese

M2: Lunch and cheese

M3: Dinner at Outback - Probably butter on my steak and mashed pototaes with milk/butter

Day 2/3 Compliant

Day 4, Friday, March 25th

Non Gluten Grains

M1: Breakfast and some popcorn (I like popcorn but I can't think of anything else that I eat that I could put here)

M2: Lunch and white rice

M3: Dinner and corn tortilla chips

Day 5/6 Complaint

Day 7, Monday, March 28th

LEGUMES – I don’t ever eat beans so need to reintroduce

M1: Breakfast and Apple w/ peanut butter

M2: Lunch and a handful of peanuts

M3: Dinner and soy sauce

Day 8/9 Compliant

Day 10, Thursday, March 31st

Gluten containing grains

M1: Breakfast and English muffin

M2: Lunch and (sandwich with white bread) I usually eat Honey Whole Wheat. I don't know if that is okay or not?

M3: Dinner and regular pasta

• Moderators

Double check that your restaurant meal won't contain anything other than dairy -- in other words, is the steak marinated in something that contains soy? Do they add anything weird to the mashed potatoes?

For non-gluten grains, you could find gluten-free oatmeal, or make some polenta or quinoa or something if you really don't want popcorn -- but if you want popcorn, that's also fine. If you do a microwave popcorn, double check the ingredients, many of them have other non-W30 ingredients.

For bread, you'd really want to read the ingredients on it. If your honey whole wheat was truly just whole wheat bread with just some honey added, it would work, but if you're buying it at the store, it might have other stuff added.

Other than that, this looks okay. Keep in mind that if you do have some kind of reaction that isn't cleared up in two days, you'll want to wait until it's cleared up before moving on to your next reintroduction. Hopefully you won't, but occasionally people do.

I can just order a baked potato with butter instead of the mashed potatoes.  And double check about the steak.

I don't use microwave popcorn - too many chemicals. I just buy the kernels and pop them myself! 

I will look at the bread and check out the ingredients to see what is added.  :D

Thank you, Shannon!

Woo hoo!  Day 31! We are not going out to dinner tonight, so I am not reintro'ing anything today.  I don't have anything in the house non compliant that I could use.  LOL!  So I will post a reintro plan once I go shopping.  So, today is compliant as well!

Ok, so today I am reintroducing legumes - however it really is just peanuts and peanut butter. I figured I would start small. I don't eat a lot of peanuts or peanut butter and it really is the least of the things I miss. I don't eat beans (just don't like them).

M1: Eggs, bacon, apple w/ peanut butter (lacking on veggies - I was rushing this morning to get out the door)

M2: Chicken, baked potato, claried butter, peanuts, cucumbers and tomatoes ( I will see if I can grab some more veggies from the salad bar at lunch)

M3: Celery w/peanut butter.  Probably a stif fry.

I don't think I will have any reaction to peanuts or peanut butter, but we will see.  If I do, no big deal.  I could give it up.  LOL!

I started my reintroduction yesterday with Legumes.  I did notice that the peanuts in the afternoon made me a little gassy (not terrible but I noticed).  I don't eat them enough to worry about it.  I won't say I will never eat them, but I don't eat them enough or the quantities for it to really be a game changer. I fixed a stir fry last night and added soy sauce.  So far no noted changes. I will keep a look out for today to see if I notice anything.

As I mentioed previously I don't really eat beans/peas (really just don't like them).  So, legumes so far are good to go, but will eat compliant for the next two days.

YESTERDAY, March 23 - LEGUMES

M1: Scrambled eggs, bacon, tomatoes and Apple w/ peanut butter

M2: chicken, baked potato with clarified butter, cucumbers, tomtatoes, pineapple and a handful and half of peanuts

M3: Stir fry (asparagus, brocolli, cabbage, zuchunni, peppers, onions, flank steak) Stir fry sauce - fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh  squeezed lime juice, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, and red pepper flakes.  It was delicious!  I will be making this again. 

Todays meal plan:

M1: Scrambled eggs, bacon - i was going to have leftover veggies but my son ate them last night

M2: Chicken, baked potato w/ clarified butter, cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelon

M3: Taco salad

Finally got to weigh. So I lost 10 pounds during the Whole30!  Pretty dang happy about that.  I will be keeping this up! Obviously I had so many other wonderful things happen. The main one being I have not had a coke in over 30 days.  33 to be exact!  And, I am not craving one. I think about it now and then but I don't have to have it!  That is the best thing!

Archived