Craving sweets! Help!

Actually fruity will only prop up your sugar cravings.... I'd suggest cutting back on fruit, dried fruit, nuts & nut butters if you're eating them & increase the fat content of your meals for better satiety.

If a craving strikes that won't pass with a distraction technique try a handful of olives, or a spoonful of coconut oil.

I haven't had that much fruit, but I'm just wondering what "sweet" options were. After reading everything, I didn't really see any type of foods (maybe the Larabars) to have something sweet. 

That's really only been my problem so far, I guess that's not too bad if it is. 

Thanks for the recs :) 

The LAST thing you should eat when you are craving something sweet is to eat something sweet.  If you do that - you do NOTHING to help yourself further with slaying the sugar dragon - you're feeding it if you choose to eat a Lara bar.  Seriously.

Reach for fat and protein instead.  Or do some push ups when your next craving hits.

• Moderators

I haven't had that much fruit, but I'm just wondering what "sweet" options were. After reading everything, I didn't really see any type of foods (maybe the Larabars) to have something sweet. 

There aren't 'sweet' recommendations because they do more damage than good in the battle to kill the sugar dragon (which is who is causing the cravings)... Stay away from larabars unless you are stuck on the tarmac in a 6 hour blizzard.  They are not to be used for 'sweet' cravings.

I drink rooibos tea when I am craving something sweet. I get it from the regular supermarket and although I was doubtful at the start, I really enjoy it and it really does squash my cravings. Ive also stopped eating fresh and dried fruit at night because for me it was just simulating my bad habits in a compliant package. Its helping, I'm craving sugar less...even Easter isn't wearing me down haha

• 1 year later...

Archived