Loosing weight while on W30 and Pregnant

So I know as a rule you are no supposed to weigh yourself, but since I am pregnant you get weighed anyway and I am not doing the whole30 for weight loss anyway. I am on day 15 and I have noticed I have lost 10 lbs, I am right now 29 weeks pregnant. So I don't know if it could mostly be water weight but I feel like I am eating plenty, I eat till I am full and also continue to have healthy W30 snacks. Do you all think a weight loss of that much is significant or something I should talk to Dr. about?

• Moderators

You might want to google Whole30+pregnancy+"weight loss" and see what previous threads pop up. I can remember reading that Melissa Hartwig sipped on cans of full fat coconut milk during her pregnancy. You definitely need the energy to grow another human in your body!

Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...

As long as you are getting the caloric levels you need each day, you should be fine. You could still talk to your doctor and explain the Whole30 to them to see if there is anything they recommend you watch out for. Just because your body is technically losing weight due to the change in eating habits, doesn't mean the baby isn't growing. Sometimes, when I followed a mostly paleo diet, I would occasionally eat 2600 calories a day on days I went Spinning. And I still list weight, lol. You are doing so much for your baby by doing a Whole30. Your little bundle will totally be getting the best nutrition because you are putting good, whole fuels into your body.

Archived