Starting On March 28th!

Angela82

Well, the scale says I lost 9 lbs but my mirror selfie doesn't look much different from my "before" pic. I am going to keep eating this way because I want to lose more weight and I never really reached tiger blood. I think I need to just cut out all fruit.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8.2 #s net, but I definitely + muscle, - fat. I feel better and stronger. It's been awesome taking control back from my sugar dragon :-)

I'll be following the basic reintroduction (wine today), then transition to a "smart" paleo plan.

Congratulations and thank you all! I wish you continued success and healthy, happy days!!!

congratulations everyone! We did it.

Here are my numbers and a link to my blog with a full recap if you're interested. Interesting before and after face pictures.

Day 1:

242 lbs (highest ever)

132/87 (blood pressure)–always just almost “high”

Day 30

226.5 (15.5 lbs lost)

120/82 (on 4/15) – absolutely shocked my Dr.

I didn’t do body measurements but my pants definitely are much looser…

So a these are a great bonus to how much better I feel and how much better my digestion feels…

http://www.sprboston.com/seanssoapbox/?p=1171

Well, the scale says I lost 9 lbs but my mirror selfie doesn't look much different from my "before" pic. I am going to keep eating this way because I want to lose more weight and I never really reached tiger blood. I think I need to just cut out all fruit.

Wow congrats Dem on the lost pounds! Stay strong!

8.2 #s net, but I definitely + muscle, - fat. I feel better and stronger. It's been awesome taking control back from my sugar dragon :-)

I'll be following the basic reintroduction (wine today), then transition to a "smart" paleo plan.

Congratulations and thank you all! I wish you continued success and healthy, happy days!!!

Palmira way to go! Wine is big on my list too!

congratulations everyone! We did it.

Here are my numbers and a link to my blog with a full recap if you're interested. Interesting before and after face pictures.

Day 1:

242 lbs (highest ever)

132/87 (blood pressure)–always just almost “high”

Day 30

226.5 (15.5 lbs lost)

120/82 (on 4/15) – absolutely shocked my Dr.

I didn’t do body measurements but my pants definitely are much looser…

So a these are a great bonus to how much better I feel and how much better my digestion feels…

http://www.sprboston.com/seanssoapbox/?p=1171

Sprboston what great progress! Blood pressure is a huge improvement!

I have another few hours to go, living in Europe and I started after you guys, so I will post my weight tomorrow! I didn't take pics :(.

Well done everyone! Thanks for all the support and meal ideas and recommendations.

Just got back from a week-long trip away from home. Was able to stay compliant with food choices, but was harder to stick with the meal template.

Lost total of 6 lbs. Okay, but not great. I have a long way to go. I do think my face looks thinner and my clothes fit better. I'm hoping that the actual weight loss is a little more and I'm just a little bloated from the flights yesterday.

I plan to mostly stick with the Whole 30/paleo way of eating. I found that in restaurants if I tell the server that I need to avoid wheat and dairy, they help me to navigate the menu on what to stay away from, and they note those as allergies for the chef. Going forward, Imay not be as strict about the dressings/sauces, but will ask for them to be on the side and use them very sparingly. 

I reintroduced wine one night and found that it affected my sleeping patterns. I had a harder time falling asleep and staying asleep, and was very tired the next day.

I reintroduced a little dairy this morning at breakfast and noticed some nasal and sinus congestion. I'll continue to stay away from that. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

I may try to reintroduce legumes in a few days and if I have any reaction to that. Still planning to stay away from grains, mostly because I don't want to add to much carbohydrate back into my diet.

Hi everyone! Glad to hear that most of you had great success :)

I haven't lost any weight or size (I refuse to weigh myself anymore because it was very unhealthy for my mental health) but that wasn't my goal to begin with. I'm still struggling with snacking, but I realize that I have come a LONG way. I've been building bad habits for years now, it's silly to think that I could fix them all in just a month! I'm going to continue eating 90% paleo, but I'm going to try reintroducing full fat Greek yogurt and white rice.

ElkaSimmy, I feel the same way about wine. It'seems just not worth it to me anymore.

Prynceszh, that is great. You are doing good things for yourself.

Today was my 3rd day of no fruit. I am hungry alot. I have a hard time finding time to sit and eat a real meal. But I keep reminding myself that it'should worth it.

So I decided to go off plan on Sunday and restart Monday. Well, today my breastfeeding baby woke up with a big pimple on his cheek. He used to have baby acne on both cheeks but it cleared up during my whole30! I didn't even make the connection until today. So, back on plan for me!

• 10 months later...

Hey Old Friends,

It's been almost a year.  This forum was so, so helpful to me doing my first ever whole 30.  I lost 13 lbs in that month and the month following, felt amazing, and changed my eating habits for good.  I have managed to eat 80% whole 30 for almost a year, but a tough February and some regular wine-drinking and blue corn tortilla-chip eating saw some weight gain, back pain, and lower energy.  I've been resetting if anyone wants to join me! I'm on Day 6.

Hope you all are doing well.

Archived