Only on Day 4, but joint pain significantly better?

Meganwal

So, I'm not sure where to put this question, so hopefully someone can help me out.  I'm new.  :)  One of my reasons for starting this program was because of ankle, wrist, and knee pain.  My joints always felt achy after working out and running.  Sometimes I would lie awake at night with throbbing joints.  I'm halfway through day 4, and I've noticed relief, even starting back on Day 2.  SO, my question is...what forbidden food was most likely causing me pain??  I am curious what the culprit might be when reintroduction comes around. 

Thank you! 

Only your body can tell you what is causing this.

Some people have this with gluten grains, others it's dairy.  Some others even it's eggs (this is me) and nightshade vegetables (also me).  

This is a question that can only be answered by doing reintros.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad it's helped you! I have crazy joint pain/RA too which cleared up within a few days of starting whole 30. I ate something at a restaurant that was supposed to be clean but my pain came back. The restaurant won't tell me what contaminates it could have been. So I've restarted. It would be very interesting to see what each of us figure out is the culprit! :)

I used to have arthritis, now living without gluten, it's completely gone.

However, dairy gives me a mild version of it (bit stiff, noisy joints) and too many nightshades get painful (but I can eat these in a normal volume just fine).

Eggs vary a lot by location, here I also found eating "cage eggs" (the cheapest kind here) I get more joint pain and a bit itchy (mild reaction). Eating organic, no reaction at all (I assume it's the food the chickens eat).

I'd say your top four to watch out for are: gluten/grains (some people react to non-gluten grains too), dairy, eggs, nightshades.

For me, combining gluten with dairy makes the reaction much worse.

Archived