Hi everyone!

My name is Caitlin, and this is my first time posting on the forum, though I have been reading some of it throughout my Whole30. I started my first Whole30 on March 1st, and am now on day 27. I have been following the plan as closely as possible, and the only place where I may have slipped is with my spices (I don't use spice blends, but I also don't have any of the original bottles for my spices, and don't have the ability to replace them all). I started the program with high hopes to help my stress induced IBS, chronic adult acne, and overall energy levels. I am currently on 3 anti-depressant medications that I hope to one day stop taking, and I hoped Whole30 could help with that as well. Also, I'm Jewish so I don't eat any pork or shellfish, which further limits my food choices.

During week 2 I saw a dramatic improvement in my IBS, but since then my stomach has returned to 'normal', meaning that (TMI alert!) I only have bowel movements every 3 days or so and they are often very painful. My skin has cleared up a lot, thankfully. But my energy levels...well let's just say that they went from bad to worse. I generally sleep about 9 hours a night, and for the past month I'm sleeping 12 hours whenever I'm able. This means weekends, and the past week that I've been off work. I'm so lethargic during the day that it makes me legitimately angry that I have to come home from work and cook. My boyfriend has commented that during this past month I have been much quicker to anger, cry, or be altogether unpleasant. I am also extremely bored with food choices, and trying to go out to eat has brought me to tears more than once. I'm really just waiting for this whole thing to be over at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to turn my experience around? I don't want to end the program with this bad taste in my mouth, but as of right now that's where I'm headed.

Thanks for any help you're able to give!

Hey there & welcome to Whole30 :-)

In order for us to help you troubleshoot we'd need to know exactly what you have been eating ove rthe last lot of days - portion sizes, precise types of veggies, fat sources, liquid intake etc, along with sleep/stress & activity levels.

Hopefully armed with that information we can take a look and suggest some possible tweaks to helo you feel better...

Archived