Starting Monday April 4th

workingmomof3

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided to follow the 7 day meal plan for the first week too until I get used to it. I'm going to shop & prep on Sunday. I'm nervous because even though my husband and I cook quite a bit, we always use prepackaged ingredients (like ketchup, dressing, etc.) instead of making our own. So we'll see how this goes. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm nervous because I know it's not going to be easy to change all of my bad food habits. 

I'm in for Monday too! Have my breakfasts planned as well as dinners. Lunches will be simple salads with meat and veggies. Have nuts and veggies on hand for snacks. It's now or never, been thinking about it for a year. I'm off work for another month recovering from major surgery so I have no time excuses to not be prepared.

Hello All, 

I'm starting my 3rd whole30 tomorrow as well. Found whole30 last year around this time when I knew I needed to make a major change in my lifestyle. I loved whole 30 - it was challenging at first, but then the way it made me feel was so worth it..... continued to eat whole and healthy foods, but kinda messed up reintroduction the first time so did another "strict" whole 30 in july with a successful reintroduction. Continued to embrace what I learned and by October I had lost 50lbs and was feeling better then I had in a very long time. As my luck would have it on October 5 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. stage 2 A with  positive lymph nodes. Had a double mastectomy,  8 rounds of chemo, and I am about to start radiation tomorrow.  I do believe that being in a good state of health when I started my treatments really helped. But somewhere along the road I started taking too many liberties and partly because of the meds and partly because of a pity party I have thrown out all the good habits I learned. I have gained weight and even though everyone keeps telling me "it's ok", and that I shouldn't be worrying about my weight now", I am worried about it and more importantly about how the extra weight is making me feel.  Radiation is going to zap a lot of my energy and I am hoping that getting back on track with whole30 will make the next 6 weeks a little easier and by the time I am done with radiation I will really feel like my old "healthy" self again. 

Looking forward to being a part of this group and hearing about all of your experiences!! I want to get encouragement and am here to encourage all of you as well. We can do this!!

I'm with you! Starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow too. Just got back from the grocery store so I am as prepped as I can be for the first week. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Busy week ahead at work and I'm terrified of feeling the carb flu or any other withdrawal like symptoms. I forgot my emergency Lara bars and coconut milk for coffee but i'll deal...

Hi everyone! I couldn't convince any friends to start the Whole 30 with me, so I thought I'd join this forum! It's my first time doing a Whole30 and I'm very excited!! I have eaten Paleo since September 2012 and I love it. I have mastered meal planning and food prep for clean, nutritious eating, so over the next 30 days I'm most looking forward to evaluating my relationship with food and the reintroduction process. Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's experiences! For anyone who wants to see what I'm cooking and read about my experience, you can follow me on Instagram (@kinsey.mahaffey) or visit my blog: http://coachkinseyblog.wordpress.com

Good luck, everyone!!

Archived