Starting Monday April 4th

workingmomof3

Good Morning! You got this today, if I can do this then any of you can. Remember to plan, plan, plan. Chop up veggies ahead of time so you can just throw them in.  Be ready for the withdrawl symptoms. It is going to be tough but I have no doubt we can do this.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning everybody,

I am starting a Whole90 today and I need your help to get through this. I have attempted many While30s in the past but only successfully completed one. I have decided to do the whole 90 in order to truly ingrain these habits into my lifestyle so I don't go bingeing on every off plan item I find again. I want to lose about 10 pounds, however other then that I want the morning energy, the craving-less dinners, and the general happiness I had after my first whole30. The hardest part for me is that my husband does not do the Whole30 so there are tempting snacks in the house, and after a long dreadful day at work the last thing I want to do is eat healthy. However, today is the day to change I am ready for this three month extravaganza.

Happy Day 1 all: 

WorkingMom - I had the same breakfast lol and so far so good! 

Jenkinpj: I totally agree planing is the key to success!! 

Kinsey:and Hawesome: Welcome! Looking forward to reading your blog. 

Hoping my first day of radiation goes smoothly as well :)

We got this!!

Starting today as well. This will be my 3rd whole 30. I went off the trail between the second one and now so excited to get back to basics. I miss how amazing I felt when I was on whole 30. It gets easier I promise, but I'll be struggling with you all. 

You can do it!

I'm starting my first Whole30 today too! I've already eaten a pre-workout meal of grilled chicken and avocado, a post-workout meal of bacon, arugula and asparagus frittata i made yesterday, and about to prep some cauliflower rice and bake sweet potatoes for the week. I have autoimmune hashimoto's and am really hoping the program helps with my constant struggle with inflammation. Looking forward to this journey with all of you!

Hi everyone! I'm starting Whole30 today too, I hope you don't mind if I tag along. :-) This will be my second Whole30, I did one mid Jan-Mid Feb and it made my boyfriend and I feel so great (and we lost some weight) that we decided to do it again! We're thinking of maybe doing the Whole30 every other month or two but still eating healthy in between. If you're worried about staying committed to this for the full 30 days, I was too but it turned out to be much easier than expected once I got a routine down. It is definitely helpful to pre-plan/make meals but we fell behind a lot on that last time but was still able to make it work on the fly. This time around we are going to try to be much more prepared. Since I don't do so great at cooking multiple meals in one go, I plan to cook Fridays-Sundays (since I have those three days off every week). Each meal I make for each day, I'll make enough for 2 more days for the following week. That way I can break up the meal prep between 3 days rather than all on one day. I think this will work much better for me. :-)
I look forward to seeing what these 30 days brings and to struggle and conquer along with you all!

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I have Celiac disease and always have tummy trouble even though I am very strict about eating gluten free. When I was on the Whole30, I was amazed at how great my stomach felt! No rumble, pain, bloating, etc! It was so great! When I slowly weaned myself back onto non whole30 foods (still fairly healthy items though), I never quite figured out what caused my stomach trouble, it kinda just came back after a while so I think it's just a buildup of everything. Maybe this time around I'll narrow it down better! :-)

Hey everyone I started Whole30 today as well!  I'm a little nervous; I really don't want to fail.  I don't have any friends or family doing it with me, but my husband is very supportive and actually helped me prep my food last night.  He's going to eat dinners with me through the week.  I'm also following the 7 day meal plan.  So far so good.  Not looking forward to the next few days based on the timeline in the book.  I know it will be an uphill battle, but I'm looking forward to the end results.  I needed a change in my life.  I'm not the person I used to be and I think a lot of it is because of the unhealthy lifestyle I've been leading with food being the primary culprit.  

Restarting again today. Glad to find another group that's starting today too! :) Discovered that the beef patty I had yesterday was contaminated with soy and my arthritis came back today like crazy. I've gone through my stages of grief already (it would have been day 28 for me) and I am pumped to start again.

Let me tell you guys, the food you will eat is amazing! Soooo delicious!! It has not been like any other diet I've been on. Usually when I've dieted, all I can think about is how starving I am and when the next meal is. My blood sugar mood swings stabilized and my migraines went away.

It will seem hard at first but it will get easier! Soon you will learn you have always had a much deeper amount of self control than you ever knew you had!

I believe in you guys! We'll make it!

Hello!

I'm also on Day 1 of my first Whole30!  I've made it through breakfast and lunch - both yummy meals, but I'm already finding myself fighting off the sugar cravings this afternoon.  I know it's going to be tough, but I'm excited to have found other people who are going through the same experience!

Good luck to all!

Hello!

I'm also on Day 1 of my first Whole30!  I've made it through breakfast and lunch - both yummy meals, but I'm already finding myself fighting off the sugar cravings this afternoon.  I know it's going to be tough, but I'm excited to have found other people who are going through the same experience!

Good luck to all!

Day 1 here as well and I did great until the 2:30 mark. My day has slowed to a crawl and I am feeling like I ate nothing all day.. When in fact I ate lots and lots. Chug-a-lugging the water to no avail. My Garmin vivosmart is happy with all the steps I have taken thus far today. I guess that's one plus side. I am trying hard not to snack cause I have a four-headed sugar dragon.... And I am desperate to slay it (the whole reason I decided to start Whole30).

Yay us for trying to something positive in our lives? Stupid sugar cravings. :angry:

Day one is still going, I have a head ache from hell but that is probably from my last gulps of wine before this experience. I am nervous for the up coming week beacsuse I don't want my energy to get any worse, but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

P.S. Any of you have an Instagram so we can share food photos? Mine is @alannah.f

Made it through Day#1, started out a bit cranky, but feel pretty good. I did have some cod for lunch, and put a little bit of lemon pepper on it. Didn't read the label, who would think there would be sugar in that? My new mantra; READ THE LABEL!!

Archived