First Whole 30 in the books

VLH

I completed my first Whole 30 two days ago, and I feel great. During the month I was always 3-5 days behind what most people experienced, like the exhaustion, the reappearance of some arthritis pain, the absolute boredom with my meals, etc., but the last week or so I felt amazing. I wasn't hungry between meals, my workouts improved, and I was sleeping well. I lost 15 pounds, which is of course, exciting, but the best part is that my relationship with food completely changed. Doing this is 100% sustainable for me. I haven't really reintroduced anything yet, (with the exception of two pieces of non-compliant bacon on my salad), but am working on a plan and know that I could easily start another 30 days anytime. I frequently read this forum during my 30 days and found it helpful and inspiring, so I also wanted to thank this community.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!  I started my Whole 30 on April 4 and have been consistently 3 - 5 days behind the timeline myself - like my exhausted want to sleep all the time days have been days 10 & 11.  Glad to know it's not just me because I was starting to wonder.  

Archived