Hi guys,

I am on my first whole30 here in india.

It's difficult to get good whole30 approved food outside so i have to cook at lot.

I have created some whole30 approved Indian meals and i thought of sharing it with you guys.Hope you enjoy it.

Baked Tandoori chicken with Mushroom in Spinach Sauce

post-91100-0-43226400-1459744387_thumb.j

Alu Tikki Taco with Salsa and Mint Chutney

post-91100-0-84330200-1459744399_thumb.j

Pork Stir Fry with Sweet Potato fries

post-91100-0-01946900-1459744426_thumb.j

Ginger-Coriander Basa with spicy baby potatoes

post-91100-0-18325100-1459744444_thumb.j

Mutton Kheema with cauliflower Pulav

post-91100-0-85962000-1459744463_thumb.j

hope you guys enjoy it

Regards

foodcow

www.foodcow.org

• 2 weeks later...

I've found Indian food somewhat easier to convert to Whole30 than standard american fare. Just omit the rice, naan, poori, roti type stuff and you are half way there. Yogurt has been a bit harder. If it's just an added ingredient, I swap coconut milk and it gives it an Indian-Thai fusion flare (chicken tikka masala with coconut milk is awesome!). But I can't come up with anything like raita so far so I've tamed the spice level on dishes so I don't need it. I see you simply omitted yogurt from your tandoori marinade. I was going to either try that or use coconut milk for that this week.

Oh, and anda curry, aloo gobi for some starch, palak "no-paneer". So many yummy things I've had recently during my practice meals up to the real Whole30!

I'l check out your recipes. 30 years ago when I was growing up, it wasn't "cool" to be vegetarian in the US but my family was. We had Indian neighbors that were vegetarian so my mom quickly adopted the cuisine, before Indian food was "cool" in the US either! Between bhel poori and fried gluten (you couldn't buy "fake meats" then so we made our own protein) for school lunch, I was definitely the weird kid...

I know it's an Indian inspired dish (as in, not really from India but the spices are so good!!!) but my family loves against all grain's tikka masala from her website. She even has a yogurt sub if you don't want to make your own compliant yogurt for the marinade.

I eat mine over roasted veggies like broccoli and brussel sprouts... I probably need to figure out how to add a bit more fat but it definitely feeds us a few meals :-)

• 8 months later...
On 4/3/2016 at 9:37 PM, foodcow said:

Hi guys,

I am on my first whole30 here in india.

It's difficult to get good whole30 approved food outside so i have to cook at lot.

I have created some whole30 approved Indian meals and i thought of sharing it with you guys.Hope you enjoy it.

Baked Tandoori chicken with Mushroom in Spinach Sauce

2016-03-21 07.31.35 1.jpg

Alu Tikki Taco with Salsa and Mint Chutney

2016-03-19 10.38.39 1.jpg

Pork Stir Fry with Sweet Potato fries

IMG_20160314_171130-2 (1).jpg

Ginger-Coriander Basa with spicy baby potatoes

IMG_20160304_151045.jpg

Mutton Kheema with cauliflower Pulav

IMG_20160305_135108.jpg

hope you guys enjoy it

Regards

foodcow

www.foodcow.org

@foodcow - Hi! I am an Indian living in US since a decade now. So happy to see some nice Indian recipes mentioned in your post! I am on Day 3 of my Whole30. At present I m trying to survive on fruits, salads and vegetables. Will try some tofu and beans later in the month. My problem is this - I don't eat Eggs, meat, chicken, fish. Dairy is fine. Ever since I moved here I had to be okay with eggs in cakes etc in restaurants, but i don't cook with eggs at home. 

Can you pls share some recipes, in the light of my diet choices (no eggs, fish, chicken, any kind of meat). 

Hoping to hear from you soon, any help will be highly appreciated. TIA. 

Archived