Whole Foods

LylaA

I live in a very rural area, and we have a brand new Whole Foods opening (the first in our state) about 50 minutes from me.  I'm curious to know what are some good go-to Whole30 compliant staples to look for there?  Thank you!

• 2 months later...

That's a long drive just for wholefoods. I would start with your local places first. I found some great sugar free & nitrate free chicken hotdogs and sausages at my local store. From wholefoods, I didn't find ANY bacon that didn't have added sugar. I found some chicken sausage, free guacamole (when you're staved for sown thing fast) fresh fruit, Lara bars (emergency only). I haven't explored the coconut section yet. Good luck!

I go to whole foods for mayo but only because I don't trust myself to make any (I've read all the trouble shooting. Still don't trust myself) and maybe fish, but other than that i stick closer to home with the normal grocery stores. (I go to natural grocers for coconut milk and tomato sauce, but seriously, everything else is at the local grocery store)

I live in a very rural area, and we have a brand new Whole Foods opening (the first in our state) about 50 minutes from me.  I'm curious to know what are some good go-to Whole30 compliant staples to look for there?  Thank you!

My Whole Foods has several varieties of Tessamae's dressings, so it's a chance to try them out. They are very expensive but many love them. I don't, but I do like their catsup.

They have a turkey "bacon" which is sugar free and compliant which I really like. It's NOT bacon but it's a great breakfast meat.

They also have an organic free range chicken broth which is compliant.

And I love some of their organic frozen vegetables.

For me, I go to Whole Foods on Tuesdays when my local store has rotisserie chicken for $2 off. Those chickens are HUGE. The "plain" version at my store is compliant. While I'm there I look for things on sale.

When I did my Whole30 I mainly shopped at Trader Joes and at my neighborhood small grocery store. Much cheaper!

If you're having trouble finding compliant cans of tuna, you should be able to find them at Whole Foods.

I sometimes buy a large jar of ghee there if I'm not in the mood to make it myself.

If you're looking to save time, the produce section should have all kinds of prepped veggies, like cauliflower rice, zoodles, etc.

Keep in mind that most everything at Whole Foods is more expensive. It's totally up to you if it's worth it!

• 1 month later...

I have a love/hate relationship with Whole Foods. Around here though, they are the best health food store for the money (the others are even MORE expensive!!!!!). And they have the variety that I am looking for, lots of complaint meats, veggies, and fruits. 

But I HATE their prices. I just came back with 2 weeks worth of groceries and spent over $300. It's worth it to me because my only other option is to order online as much as possible, and that means a delay in getting my food and more hassle than I'm willing to put up with.

Trader Joes is nice too but they don't often have the variety I am looking for. 

Archived