Eating out Vancouver

tristessa

Has anyone successfully gone out to eat in Vancouver? I'm wondering if Pepper Lunch in Richmond could work. You would just need to order the meat and veg plates.

I've only gone out for sushi and ordered sashimi. Looking for other options other than salad and sashimi that's Whole30 friendly and yummy at the same time.

• Moderators

Your best bet is to find a restaurant that cooks to order... I'm not sure what the Pepper Lunch thing is but it sounds like they probably batch cook or marinade much like Chipotle, which means that you can't customize as much as you would like.

At any restaurant you need to ask the questions about ingredients, cooking oils, seasonings and marinades, sauces etc... 

Here's the dining out guide for your reference.

And yes, I live in Vancouver and I have eaten out on Whole 30... it's possible almost anywhere.

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-dining.pdf

My dining out has gone from far too many times a week to essentially zero due to added non-compliant ingredients. I was in Joey's in Burnaby with my work crew for lunch the other day and all I could find on the menu was the side salad with everything stripped out and grilled chicken and some avocado added - just not worth the hassle. 

This isn't a negative; on top of all the other benefits, I've recognized how much I spent eating out all the time, how many hidden ingredients those "healthy" meals I chose actually contained, and how much better it is to cook at home.

Archived