autoimmune desiase-Humira and good&bad food?

Im a teenager starting out and improving my knowledge on food and trying to make the transition to healthy lifestyle as soon as possible.

however,  my dad has an autoimmune desiase with bad kindneys, and i need to convience him to stop eating the bad crap and eat the good stuff.

basically he eats all the bad stuff: nigthshades,eggs, etc..

this drug: HUMIRA - helped him alot. i know it's a big question to ask, but i'm just looking for direction while im educating myself: what he should avoid more? protein, etc

right now he drinks a lot of blended fruits at morning+nuts and even spirulina, is that a good idea?

i will very appreciate your opinions, and im sorry for the lack of details. i just need to take action fast-as it may not be the best- but probably better than the currently situation.

:)

• Moderators

I am sorry your dad is having health problems. I am glad you want to live a healthy life.

The Whole30 approach to eating is helpful with improving your health in general and is specifically helpful to people suffering with autoimmune disease. The best way for you to learn about the Whole30 is to start reading here - http://whole30.com/new/- and read through the website. The best way to understand the program is to read the book It Starts with Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. Getting random comments from people on the forum is not a good way to learn what you need to learn.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Margaret heinlen said:

I also am on humira when I start the whole 30 should I stop the humira also on predizone 5 milligrams 

No one here will tell you this, you need to check with your doctor.  Under no circumstances would someone on the internet be able to tell you if you should stop your medication and honestly, I don't mean to be rude, but you shouldn't be relying on any forum, this one or otherwise to tell you this.  Medications are serious business, they can have serious side effects when you stop taking them and I'm straight positive that it says right on the info sheet you get with the pills to check with your doctor before stopping or changing the medication.

Archived