Butter

randjean

• 3 weeks later...

May seem like a silly question as I know sugar is not compliant.  I've done research and check the box out really good but I cannot find an answer.  We really love Land O Lakes butter and I've clarified some as I've not started W30 (until May 1) just yet.  In the ingredients it only lists.... sweet cream - made with pasturized milk.  It's the word 'sweet' that alarms me.  Wondering though if it's the 'milk' in it that makes up the name sweet cream?  If so it's surely taken out when I skim the milk off the top of the clarified butter.  I just want to be sure we're not ingesting sugar.  Any feedback is appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

So, can someone explain clarified butter is to me? What about I can't believe it's not butter? I looked at the ingredients and none were on the no list, I'm just wondering if it has all compliant ingredients, is it clarified?

So, can someone explain clarified butter is to me? What about I can't believe it's not butter? I looked at the ingredients and none were on the no list, I'm just wondering if it has all compliant ingredients, is it clarified?

Clarified butter is butter that has been heated so that the milk solids separate from the butter fat and what you eat is just butter fat. I can't believe it's not butter is NOT clarified. Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff,compliant or not. Ghee/clarified butter,however, barely lasts a week in our house.

ETA: Google shows the spread for I can't believe it's not butter has soy and therefore is NOT compliant

• Moderators

I would encourage you to re-read the rules of the program because soy (which appears twice in this product) is a definite no and I"m concerned that you say you read the ingredients and didn't see anything on the 'no' list. The rules are linked in my signature below.

I would encourage you to re-read the rules of the program because soy (which appears twice in this product) is a definite no and I"m concerned that you say you read the ingredients and didn't see anything on the 'no' list. The rules are linked in my signature below.

I definitely didn't see soy on the container as I was clearing my pantry. It was probably something I missed. And I have read the rules 4-5 times, I'm aware soy is not allowed.

it contains Soybean Oil, and Lecithin (soy) - but apart from the non compliant ingredients it also contains palm kernal and palm oil, which I personally try to avoid if I can, as most of it is not sustainably grown, and is a large contributor to deforestation in places like Indonesia, Borneo, etc, and a major factor for habitat loss for Orangutans.

most butter like spreads (Flora, Olivio, etc) are not compliant, for one reason or another.

don't try to find something that doesn't exist - just make clarified butter or buy ghee.

• 1 month later...

Archived