Days 4 eczema getting worse

I got ezcema for the first time ever since I got pregnant 3 months ago... It has steadily gotten worse, so I thought I'd try whole30 to see if it helps. I'm on day 4 and my arms and hands are really bad. Detox?? My diet hasn't changed that much. Besides no sugar and dairy.

• Moderators

I've personally never had to deal with eczema, but from reading on the forums here it seems like it and other skin problems do seem to get worse before they get better, so it may just be that it's too early to see improvement yet.

If you want to list a day or two of typical food, including approximate portion sizes, someone may notice something that could help. I know some people have sensitivities to different types of vegetables, and those can manifest in skin conditions, so it may be that there's something you're eating a lot more of lately that's causing issues. Or, again, it may just be that it's going to take some time to clear up.

I hope that you find some relief from it soon.

Thanks... Here's day 2 and 3

Day 2

BF: Sweet potato and spinach quiche (equal to approx 2 eggs) and a half a banana and cashew butter

Lunch:Leftover turkey burger and guacamole

and sweet potato fries and cucumber, tomato, lemon juice salad

A couple strawberries and a couple bites of pineapple

Snack: 1/2 banana and almond butter (I know this is not ideal) and some egg salad (egg, avocado, lemon juice)

Dinner: Chicken legs roasted (in coconut oil) veggies (red peppers, carrots, onion, green bean and red potatoes)

Day 3

BF: Sweet potato and spinach quiche (equal to approx 2 eggs)

Lunch: Leftover chicken legs, egg salad and roasted veggies (same as dinner previous night)

Dinner: Dark meat of a whole chicken, cauliflower steamed and cooked with coconut oil and almond flour and ground flax seed onto and roasted carrots

Also feeling slightly nauseous today.. Maybe another detox symptom?

• Moderators

A quick google search turned up that strawberries, banana, nightshades (peppers, potato, tomatoes) are problematic.

I also know that dairy, nuts, eggs and wheat can sometimes be a problem... I wouldn't suggest that you go crazy and completely overhaul your Whole30 at this point but perhaps cut out the fruit and nut butters first and see if that helps clear things up.

Now for advice you didn't ask for.

You're not eating enough. Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping. I know you can hold more than two. The quiche serving probably doesn't have even a cup of veg, so you need to add veggies to your breakfast... especially since you've been able to eat a banana, I know you can handle more veg. And when you ditch the nutbutter, you'll need to find a different fat source for breakfast.

It's hard to tell the quantities of veg you're having in your other meals but the recommendation is 1-3 cups and the starchy of that only accounts for a fist sized serving so really try and increase your veggies.

You're also pregnant which means that you really should be eating to the higher end of the template at the very least and potentially having a fourth meal or a mini meal in there somewhere.

Nausea can come from not eating enough.

Archived