Doctor/Nutritionist

ArielE

Has anyone seen a Dr or Nutritionist after doing the whole30. The reason why I ask, when I was on the whole30 the weight just melted off, both times. As soon as I go off of it I gain water weight, bloat up and my head aches return. I'm just concerned there are underlying issues that have been unnoticed in my past.

• Moderators

Reintroductions are as important, maybe even more important, as the initial 30 days. That's when you figure out what things you react badly to so you can decide if they're worth it or not going forward.

Dairy, grains, and legumes can all cause bloating. Are any of those something you're having regularly Post-whole30? Did you do reintroductions of those items and notice any issues? Has something else changed Post-whole30, as far as what you're eating? Are you having more nuts, nut flours, nut milks, or more bars like Larabars or rxbars?

Try to figure out what changed after your whole30 that might be causing this so you can go back to what was working.

There might be some underlying issues, no one here can really answer that for you, but if you feel good on whole30 and then don't feel good afterwards, it seems likely that there's something you eat while not whole30-ing that you don't when you are on it that doesn't agree with you, or possibly vice versa if there's things you eat on whole30 that you stop having after.

Archived